Oct 29, 2011

Just For You - card

There are so many awesome card challenge blogs!  I just came across {The Play Date Cafe} and decided to take part in this week's color challenge:


The challenge was to create something using the three colors above.  This is what I came up with:


This was my first "color challenge" and I must say it was a bit harder than the sketch challenges I've been doing... had to be creative on my own!  :)  But, I do like how it turned out.

The papers are from DCWV "Linen Closet" matstack. I cut a paper doily in half and punched a half-circle scallop for the sentiment.  I looped up some white grosgrain ribbon and topped it with a brown, vintage button to tie everything in.  I inked around the edges of the card and the doily with Sky Blue ink then rounded the top corners to finish it off.
Cream in our Coffee at The Play Date Cafe
Thanks!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

This is cute Annie, love that sweet little floral DP!

Andrea Ewen said...

What a fabulous arrangement of papers and colors! Love the doily accent and that super sweet ribbon flower! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHHH! Those papers and ribbons are perfect together! I LOOOOOVE the ribbon flower--and the half doily! BEAUTIFULLY done:) Thanks so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the PDCC:)

Julie Ranae said...

I am so very glad you found us and so VERY glad you played along! This is a fabulous interpretation of the colors for our challenge and I hope it will be the first of many challenges you'll play with us! So great to have you in The Play Date Cafe...and I am happy to be your newest follower : )