Oct 31, 2011

Thinking of You - card (color challenge)

The color challenge I worked on today is hosted by {The Color Throwdown}.  This week's color challenge:
This was quite the challenge for me!  Those colors look great together up there, but I had the hardest time making something cute.  I didnt have any good patterned paper that matched so I had to go with plain cardstock -- just prettied up a bit!


I stamped the sentiment, flowers and leaves images with VersaMark ink and used tone-on-tone embossing powders for the flowers.  The leaves are embossed in white.

I laid out a paper doily on yellow cardstock and inked around the edges and inner holes with black ink, then cut around the edges. I drew on some stitching lines with black ink and it was done!

The blue, orange and green cardstock is from PapertreyInk. The striped patterned paper is from DCWV "Mango Frost" matstack.

No comments: