Dec 30, 2011

Celebrate Today - New Year's *Bling* Card

The theme for this week's {iCopic Weekly Challenge} is to create a project with Copics and some NEW * YEAR'S * BLING!

I'm also entering this into the {Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog} weekly challenge for "Anything Goes!"

I tried something new for this card:

Nope, you don't need to adjust your screen... it's a BLACK + WHITE card!  I colored this Flirty Anya stamp from The Greeting Farm with the cool gray tones of Copic markers:  C1, C3, C5, C7, C9 + Black.  It was quite a challenge doing the shading all in gray, but I love it!

After I colored her, I realized that all of my black card stock and patterned papers are warm gray/black tones, not cool gray tones... oh well!  Gotta use whatcha got, right?  I chose a patterned paper that had a bit of blue/gray tone to better match the Copic colors.  I think it came together well.

The patterned paper is from Colorbok and the card stock is from my stash.  I added some BLINGY gems as earrings and a necklace and glammed her up with some silver Stickles on her flower and shoes...

She's SO ready to PARTY!
Hope you all have a HAPPY NEW YEAR!  :)

3 comments:

Leia said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog, now I found yours =)
So many beautiful creations!!

HUGS Veronica

ERICA said...

Wow! This black-and-white image is simply awesome! I'm definitely going to have to try it soon. It's so cool.

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Annie, so cute and really striking.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp for our anything goes challenge.
Happy New Year
hugs Mandy xx