Jan 22, 2012

A Big Bunch Of Love - Valentine's Day Card

I made this Valentine's Day card for my husband... shhhh.... don't tell!  :)

I'm also entering it into a few challenges.  The first is The Greeting Farm's {FARM FRESH CHALLENGE BLOG} monthly retro contest.  The theme this month is "Lucky In Love".

The second challenge is at {ANYONE FOR ANYA} with the theme of "Bling It On!".  Glittery bling?  You betcha!

The third is {STAMPTACULAR SUNDAY CHALLENGE} #148 with the theme of "Seeing SPOTS".
I thought that little "Ruby" and "Oh Boy! Ian" needed to show the world how much they were in love.  What's that?  You didn't know?  Oh yes, Ian is completely head-over-heels in love with Ruby and has been for some time.  How could he not be?  Look how sweet she is!


I hear they planned a sack-lunch picnic at the school playground on February 14th.  Perhaps a first kiss is in order?  A peck on the cheek, to be sure.  I mean, they are children.  :)

I colored these little guys with Copics and cut them out with Nestabilities circles and scalloped circles.  The sentiment stamp is from Penny Black. The DP is from Recollections, the card stock is from American Crafts. The ribbon, bakers twine and flowers are from my stash.  I used red gems in Ruby's hair and on the card corner. It's hard to see in the photos, but I added Star Dust Stickles to their clothes and to the paper flowers for some extra *bling*.  It definitely sparkles!

12 comments:

Amy said...

OMGosh, this is so adorable Annie...and I love the li'l love story! :)
LOVE how you've colored Ruby and Ian, the card really catches your eye! Fantastic!

Dangina Martinez said...

Sweet card! Good Luck. Thank You for joining us at AFA!
Tons of Hugs, Dangina

eva said...

wow, so pretty! i love how bright and fun it is! and ruby is so sweet, how can ian resist?

Heleen said...

This card is awsome!Thanks for joining us at stamptacular sunday and I wish you luck on the challenge. Hope we see you soon again at stamptacular.

Hugs,
Heleen

Stampalicious said...

gorgeous! LOVE the hair and all the colours, thank you for joining our challenge at Stamptacular Sunday this week, hugs, martina

Nat said...

Hi Annie!
This is Natalie from Anyone for Anya! We would love to have you join our Design team! Please contact me to let me know if you are still interested! nataliedshaw@hotmail.com
Thanks! Your work is fabulous!
Nat :)

Rachel Parys said...

You're funny! I love this card. I love that you used all red. I just ordered Ruby, myself, and I can't wait to play with her!

Janine said...

woowwww
and did you hear the big news???????

Blankina said...

Congratulations Annie with your DT for Anyone for Anya!!
Lucky you,ciao Blankina

Pam Sparks said...

so cute! so charming Annie! Adorably colored and designed! He'll love it!

Christy/Tiddly Inks said...

This is totally adorable....both with the bright red hair...sooo cute!!

Susan said...

Totally gorgeous! Thanks for joining in at AFA this week.
Susan xxox
http://stamponme.blogspot.com/