Jan 13, 2012

Friends are the Flowers of Life - Tiddly Inks Blog Hop

I've recently come to realize something that most of you must have already known.....

DIGI   STAMPS   ARE   AWESOME!

Yup, utterly awesome.  Awesome little crafty-nuggets-of-instant-gratification. Not only can they become yours the second you want them, they can be sized and printed to fit your exact project and you can add your sentiment to them before they print!

That is what I did with this cute new digi image from TIDDLY INKS. I purchased the "Wryn - Grow A Little Love" digi stamp and added the sentiment right underneath her to say "FRIENDS are the flowers of Life" -- the Tiddly Inks Blog Hop theme.

As you can see from my previous post with this stamp, you can also flip the image around!  I wanted this card to be different from my last one, so made Wryn a bit smaller and flipped her so her pot-o-love flowers were on the opposite side.

I printed her out onto my favorite Cryogen Iridescent White card stock and colored her with my Copic markers.  She is such a fun image to color -- nothing too complicated and just enough open space to be able to get in some good shadows and highlighting.  Exactly what I look for in a stamp I want to color!  Gosh, she's cute...


The patterned paper on my card is from Recollections.  The white card stock is from American Crafts and the pink card stock is from PaperTrey Ink.  The ribbon, bakers twine and button are from my own random crafty stash.

Here's the list of Copic markers I used to color little Wryn:

Skin: E51, E11, E13, R20 (cheeks)
Hair: Y15, Y17, YR12, YR04
Dress/Shirt: YG00, YG03, YG06, G07
Shoes/Flowers: R20, R22, R35
Flower Pot: BG10, BG15, B05
White Highlights: GellyRoll white gel pen


oOoOoOo    oOoOoOo    oOoOoOo

If you are stopping by to visit from the TIDDLY INKS BLOG HOP -- welcome!  And, thank you for stopping by.   I'll be around somewhere, hop-hop-hopping right along with you.  :)

37 comments:

Beate said...

Adorable color and paper choices! Great coloring and card.
Hugs and smiles

Stephanie aka Nerdette said...

So lovely. Wryn is fab all dolled up in bright green. Love how you used the stripe dp twice, turning the direction. So cute!

Loopylou. said...

squuueeeeeee annie rose this just totally and utterly rocks hun!!!
I love the zingyness to it and wryn looks sooooo pretty!
Thankyou for hopping along with the tiddly inkers !
Hugs Lou xxx

Joey said...

Annie Rose this is gorgeous, bold, bright and so cheerful. Thanks for joining us on the tiddly inks blog hop. Joey x

Mad Moose said...

A lovely bright, bold and cheery card! fabulous!

Sarah said...

Gorgeous card, stunning colours and layout, hugs, Sarah x

Larissa said...

Great card!! Love the bright colours. Thanks for hopping with us today!!

Hugs,
Larissa

Christy/Tiddly Inks said...

Another lovely creation!!! Stunning colors and a lovely bright feel! :)

mforquer said...

Oh my - GORGEOUS colors!!! So bright and vibrant and totally stunning -you have done it again -my jaw is on the ground! Thanks for joining our Tiddly hop!
hugs,
M

Olavana said...

Super cute!! I love all of the colours and composition - it is really fun and gorgeous :) Thanks for your lovely comments over on my blog aswell! :)

Shirley N said...

Love all the colors, beautiful card and coloring!

JLJ Designs said...

Sweet card! I love the bright green dress.

Jen

Ellis said...

Beautiful card, she looks amazing in her green dress! =)
Hugs, Elenor

sue m. said...

love your bright coloring choices. thanks for ginving the copics you used.

Starla B. said...

Just fabulous!! Wonderful coloring. I love your DPs, too. Good luck!!

xx Star

JanR said...

Amen, sister! Digis are complete awesomeness. Love your card, it's so bright and fun.

Dilsaver Designs said...

What an adorable card, I love your choice of DP's with your wonderfully colored image :)

Lisa T said...

Wow! Love the cheery colors and how Wryn just pops!

In paper heaven said...

The colors make me smile. Delightful

jenlynnie said...

such happy colors. and i love how you did all of your layers.

Miranda said...

cheery and bright card Annie, lovely
TFS
hugs
Miranda

Carly said...

sensational colouring of the image and I love the bright and bold elements in the card.

xoixoxo Carly

Marlena Peduzzi said...

Oh, this is so pretty! I love the colors you colored her with, gorgeous! So glad you could join in our blog hop today!

Doreen said...

Love the colours in this gorgeous card.xxx

Smiley21 said...

How adorable. Thanks for stopping by my blog and joining in the fun at S&P.

grandmabonnie said...

Annie, i so agree, Digi's are awesome and Christy makes some cute, edgy and fun images and with great detail! I LOVE your card, you highlight wonderfully!

Arabella said...

Gorgeous card Annie Rose! I love your beautiful bright colours! I totally agree re digi stamps... instant gratification!

Thanks so much for joining in the Tiddly Inks Hop!

Arabella

Rachel Parys said...

I LOVE her too! Talk about instant gratification! I just bought this one with the flower pot, and the princess/frog one. I must say these are probably my favorite ones yet from TI! Great card, so bright and cheery.

Pop's Cards said...

Stunning sweetie, thanks for hopping along with us hugs pops x

Tracy Jedi said...

Your coloring is gorgeous! I love the color scheme and the papers you used!

Mary J said...

Oh Annie Rose, beautifully put together!

Jacki Randolph said...

Beautiful!! Love your colors and layout! :)

Leanne said...

How cute! Love how bright and happy she looks. Fun layout and fun papers. Gr8 job!
;)

Amanda R said...

Love your card! The colors are great and your shading and highlighting look wonderful. Thanks for playing along with us in the Tiddly Inks blog hop!

Hannah Clark said...

So cute! I love her bright green dress!

Anita said...

Love your bright and cheerful card!

Julie's Blog said...

Yet another beautiful Wryn card! So very cute and bright and sunshiney ... Julie :D