Jan 22, 2012

Hey Dude - card

The Friday SPY-Day challenge this week at The Greeting Farm's {FARM FRESH CHALLENGE BLOG} has a great card we are to "case".  Be sure to check it out and join in!

I decided to make another boy card with different shades of brown and white.  It's a smaller size than what I normally make and it's flat -- it can actually be mailed!  Go figure.  :)
I used the "Oh Boy! Ian" stamp from TGF and stamped him in brown Momento ink on brown Kraft card stock.  I didn't color in his skin, just added a little color to his cheeks.  I paper-pieced his hair, shirt and pants and added some white gel pen to make his eye sparkle.


I inked around some of the edges with tea dye Distress Ink and black Momento ink.  I doodled and colored in the "HEY DUDE" sentiment with Copics and white gel pen. The DP is from Recollections and the card stock is from American Crafts.

 It's a fairly simple card for me, but I think it's perfect for a special little dude.  :)

4 comments:

Rachel Parys said...

I like it! It's so funky! I really should give my boy stamps a little more attention.

gobeagirl said...

Hi Annie. I love this card. It really makes Ian the star of your card and that is always a fun thing. Great use of your colors. You really get to see everything so crisp on this. Truly I love it. Thanks for joining up this week on the FFF challenge blog. Hugs, Lisa G

Alyce said...

Hi Annie Rose! Great job as usual... love the idea of not colouring his skin but using the brown cardstock. His hair looks super cute with the stripe too :)

Julie's Blog said...

Love the paper piecing ... especially his hair! Awesome card ... Julie :D