Jan 9, 2012

Sweet Heart Vine Card - PTI's MIM#48

Today's "Make It Monday" challenge at the {PaperTrey Ink} blog is to create a background with PTI border dies.   Since I only have one PTI border die, I didn't have much of a choice.  :)

I wanted to make a Valentine's Day themed card and this is what I came up with:
I used the vine border die and also the label/sentiment stamps from the PTI "Friendship Jar" stamp set.  The card stock is also from PTI -- I believe it's called Raspberry Fizz (I got the sample card stock set and misplaced the color guide!  Doh!).

The ribbon, chipboard heart, button and bakers twine are all from my stash.  I placed the card front onto a Kraft card base.
It was fun and super easy to make. Thanks for the challenge, PTI!

9 comments:

rebecca said...

Very cute card! Love the colors and that tag is terrific.

Diane said...

Sweet Valentine card....great job with the background!!

Marybeth said...

Such a pretty card, you did a wonderful job with this MIM. Like the colors you choose too.

Nancy Guse said...

Love your background, sweet card!

Nina said...

lovely, nicely done :)

Kari D said...

What a wonderful background! It is amazing how different the vine die looks when cut out of white paper and added to the Raspberry Fizz! woo hoo!

Tracey McNeely said...

Great job of this technique. i love that die.

Amber S said...

This is gorgeous! I'm coming over from the SP&Co forum to check out your blog!

Mommy said...

I love your card!!! This is just adorable - I love the ribbon ruffle, the heart and all the lovely details!
Gorgeous!