Jan 15, 2012

Trust + Hope: card

The {FRIDAY SPY-DAY} challenge over at {TGF FARM FRESH CHALLENGE BLOG} is to case the cute card featured in the post (be sure to check it out!).

Here is my take on the challenge:

I kept the "boy" vibe and the main color scheme from the cased card because I liked it a lot.  I set out to make a simple card and I think I accomplished it.  I kept trying to add more and more things in the end.... ha.

I used the Hello, Ian! stamp from The Greeting Farm and colored him with Copics.  The blue parts of his clothes are paper-pieced, but I went over them with the Copics so it's hard to tell.  For some reason, I love paper-piecing, cutting out and gluing on his tiny shoes.  He seems good and properly dressed that way.  :)


I used white card stock from American Crafts. The Kraft paper and blue DP is from Recollections and the striped DP is from DCWV.  I received the trust and hope tickets in some blog candy I won -- not sure who makes them.  The vine die is from PTI.  The button, bakers twine and eyelets are from my stash.  I inked around the edges with Tea Dye distress ink.

1 comment:

Lola Azul said...

Lovely card!!. I like very much the colors you've used. :)