Jan 17, 2012

You Make My Heart Sing - card

I recently won a challenge from The Greeting Farm's Farm Fresh Challenge blog (thank you!).  As my prize, I got to choose any stamp from The Greeting Farm!  Awesome, right?  It was a tough choice.  I ended up selecting sweet "Chelsea", which I used on my card today:

I am entering this card into 3 different challenges:

* TGF's {FARM FRESH CHALLENGE BLOG} #16 - "Get Sentimental" for a prominent sentiment  (I ended up writing my own)
* {ANYONE FOR ANYA} - Sketch challenge (which I followed as closely as possible with what I had to work with)

* {iCOPIC WEEKLY CHALLENGE} #65 - "Unloved/Infrequently Used Colors" (I only have a limited supply of Copics, so I use all of mine constantly, but I don't typically reach for these yellows, browns, oranges and greens together)

I paper-pieced her skirt with the green/yellow DP and added some shadowing with Copics.  It was almost impossible to get the colors to photograph correctly!  The DP's are from Colorbok and the brown and white card stocks are from American Crafts.  The card base is 5.5" x 7.5" piece of Kraft card stock.

The yellow/white bakers twine was wrapped around the card front five times to create a musical staff... complete with bow/button treble clef!  Yes, it was unplanned at first but it turned out to be perfect!  :)

I finished the inside of this card with coordinating DP and an uncolored stamp of the same image... I added a few music notes as well to tie everything together:

10 comments:

Rachel Parys said...

I love her! This is such a cute card! Great layout.

Blankina said...

Hi Annie,
Lucky you!!!This stamp is very sweet, have not seen it yet. I have just entered my card. My greeting Farm "family" has increased and this is one of my new ones.
Ciao Blankina

Marie Gamber said...

this is such a cute card! You did a great job! Thank you for joining us at iCopic!
Hugs,
Marie

Sheri said...

Love your sentiment on this little cutie! How perfect!! Thank you so much for joining us at iCopic this week. :)

mforquer said...

OH this is beautiful! I love the warm colors and the sentiment is SO perfect with this image! Thanks for joining us at iCopic Lover!
Hugs,
M

eva said...

this card turned out great! love the inside too and the sentiment!

Dangina Martinez said...

Wonderful Creation! Love that image and coloring. Thank for playing along at AFA!
Tons of Hugs, Dangina

faithnme said...

Annie I have to say that I just love your cards.. Soo beautiful and your sentiment is just "perfect".. I love the inside of your card. I my self have challenged my self to adding a Little something to the inside of my cards too.

Thanks for playing along with our challenge over at the FFC and hope to see you again soon.

Hugs

FroggieStamps said...

This is absolutely adorable! Love what you did with the inside of the card!
Thanks so much for playing along with the iCopic challenge! :)
-Kelli

thescrapmaster said...

Love it! Great job with it! Thanks for playing along at iCopic. I hope to see you back for our new challenge this week.
Hugs,
Sami
www.thescrapmaster.com