Feb 5, 2012

Hey There, Cupcake! - Anyone For Anya Challenge

It's Sunday! That means it's time for our weekly challenge over at {ANYONE FOR ANYA}. This week, the challenge theme is "SWEET TREATS" - create something treat inspired!
(with a stamp from The Greeting Farm or C.C. Designs.)

For my DT contribution, I created this card using the new C.C. Designs "Party Time Lucy" digi stamp, which you can purchase {here}.


Before I printed out the digi image, I manipulated it in Paint to add a Polaroid photo look around her head.  Once the image was printed, I inked her up with Copics and matted the "Polaroid" on black card stock.  I used Tea Dye distress ink around the edges of the photo to age it a bit.  I hand-printed the words "Hey There..." along the bottom.


The DP's are from Colorbok and the card stocks are from American Crafts.  The card base is 5"x5".
I stamped the word CUPCAKE along the bottom of the card base with Lawn Fawn's "Quinn's ABC's" stamp set (my new favorite alphabet set!).  I then colored in the letters with Copics with 3 different shades of green.  This textured card stock doesn't allow for much blending... it just absorbs whatever color you lay down, so keep that in mind if you try it.  :)

The cupcake stamp is from a set by Hampton Arts.  The stamp set name is "Block w/ Words & Icons"  (really?  how terribly NOT clever....) and it looks like this:


I stamped the cupcake block twice, colored one cupcake with Copics then cut both of them out to be layered for a little more dimension.  I added a gem for some bling, tied the card with some black/white bakers twine and that's it!

I'm entering this card in the weekly challenge over at the {ALL THAT SCRAPS BLOG}.   Also to the "Anything Goes" challenge #57 at {DO YOU STACK UP?}.

8 comments:

Rachel Parys said...

I really love this card! Great layout, and colors. Soooo cute!

Alyce said...

This is super cute!! I love the layout and the polaroid idea..looks great! :)

Alicia said...

This is a gorgeous card! I love how bright and colourful it is. It reminds me of a cartoon, and I love cartoons. I love the fonts and I love how you coloured everything.
Alicia xx

Janine said...

great work
great bright colors

and thanks for playing with allthatscraps

WencheP said...

I love it! The colours are absolutely fabulous! Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

Marcia said...

I love this, it's such a fun card!

Dangina Martinez said...

Gorgeous! I Like that it looks digital. Thank you for joining us at All That Scraps this week!
Tons of Hugs, Dangina

P.S. Congrats on the DT spot at AFA

Tracy said...

This is soooooooooooooooo cute! Great idea making it into a Polaroid. I especially like how you added your own handwriting. Thank you for joining us at All That Scraps!
Hugs,
Tracy