Feb 1, 2012

I Pick You - card

I made this Valentine card for a couple of challenges today.  The first is "Monday FUN-Day" over at The Greeting Farm's {FARM FRESH CHALLENGE BLOG} where the theme is "Key To My Heart".

The second is the weekly challenge #67 over at {iCOPIC WEEKLY} where the Copic color challenge was "Red Love" - showing some love for the Red (or R#) markers.
Oh, little Ian, you shouldn't have!  How cute is this "Hello Ian" boy from The Greeting Farm?  He's one of my favorites.  I tend to alter him a bit differently each time I stamp him.  He is originally holding a sunflower in his hand, but I wanted to switch it up a bit for more of a Valentine-y feel.


I used almost all of my R Copic markers for this one:  R20, R22, R32, R35, R27 + R29.  I love the Red Copic family and I use it in almost everything I color.  It's so bold and bright and cheerful!
The card stock's are from American Crafts and the green DP is from Crate Paper's "Emma's Shoppe Collection".  I ran the white card stock through my Big Shot in the polka-dot embossing folder for a bit of texture. The single-letter stamps are from American Crafts Stamp "Ginger" collection and the large alphabet stamps are from Lawn Fawn's "Quinn's ABCs".  The pink chipboard heart, the button and the twine are from my stash.  I placed everything on a standard A2 size piece of Kraft card stock.

5 comments:

Rachel Parys said...

So cute! I really love that sentiment too, perfect for a Valentine.

Alyce said...

This is adorable! Love the colouring and the composition - great work!

Vanessa (aka V'ness, Nessa, oldschool) said...

:)

Marie Gamber said...

What a wonderful card. Love your coloring! Fabulous! Thank you for joining us at iCopic!
Hugs,
Marie XX

thescrapmaster said...

Totally cute!! Thanks for playing at icopic.com . I hope to see you back again this week for our new challenge.
Hugs,
Samantha
www.thescrapmaster.com