Feb 12, 2012

Photo Inspiration - card

This week at {ANYONE FOR ANYA?} we are having a PHOTO INSPIRATION challenge! (see photo below)  Be sure to check it out and join in!  Any image from The Greeting Farm or C. C. Designs is welcome.  We can't wait to see what you create!

I created a card with the Princess Anya stamp from The Greeting Farm:

I stamped the image 3 times on different paper -- white Cryogen Iridescent card stock, yellow DP and pink DP.  I then fussy-cut around the dress and the hair and paper-pieced her together... including her tiny pink star wand.  I colored her face and arms with Copic markers and added a little coloring detail here and there with matching Copics.


I really wanted her hair to be bright and beautiful and stand out... I think I accomplished that.  heh  :)
I love the pattern of the DP.  It gives her hair much more texture and just looks cool, right?

The card stock is from Recollections and PTI, all DP's are from Colorbok. The lace trim, yellow ribbon, flower and chipboard accents are from my crafty stash (not sure where they all came from).  The "Just For You" sentiment is from PTI's "Friendship Jar" stamp set.


I added some faux stitching around the outside of the card by poking a needle right through the card stock base then linking each hole with a white ink gel pen.  Looks like stitching to me!  :) 

{Anyone For Anya?} Inspiration Photo


I am also linking this card up to the following challenges:

{FARM FRESH CHALLENGE BLOG} Monday FUN-Day:  stitching
{iCOPIC CHALLENGE BLOG} Challenge #68: Use a heart and Copics
{PAPER ISSUES}: All We Need Is Love

6 comments:

Blankina said...

Annie I think you have made a great card!!The choice of the dp is perfect en the colours are "fresh"...
Ofcourse I will join AFA this week...
Ciao Blankina

Rachel Parys said...

She is fabulous!! I saw her on AFA, and I didn't realize you paper pieced her hair too! It looks awesome!! That's a lot of fussy cutting sister! Great card.

WencheP said...

Beautiful card. Love the fresh and bright colours. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

Jan Garber said...

Great colors! Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up!

Mandy said...

Annie your card is absolutely gorgeous, so pretty and the paper piecing looks fab :)
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
hugs Mandy xx

Janine said...

great work annie
love the paperpiecing