Feb 21, 2012

A Saturated Canary Card

I made this card for the current challenge at the {SATURATED CANARY CHALLENGE} blog, challenge #11 - anything but a square/rectangle.

Isn't she a beauty?  This is my first Saturated Canary image (which was a freebie a little while back!) but she definitely won't be my last!  All of Krista's images are gorgeous and so much fun to color. I'm sure you've seen them around and maybe you've colored some of your own!
I edited the digi image in Paint before I printed her out.  I made the image quite large and added a couple circles around her.  I wanted her to fill the entire scalloped circle frame, which she does quite nicely.  :)

I colored her with Copics and added some highlights with a black liner pen and white ink gel pen.  The DP is by Colorbok and the card stock is by Recollections.  I made some rolled paper roses and added a flat-back sticky pearl to each center.  Look at her gorgeous eyes!  What a cutie.

10 comments:

Alyce said...

Wow this is so amazing!! I love how you have coloured her! :)

Sandi said...

Oh my, great coloring and she does fill out the ovals perfectly. Hugs

Kerri said...

love your creation and now I have become a fan stoop by and vivid me sometime...thankgodforcolor..

Rachel Parys said...

She is gorgeous! I just got my first Saturated Canary stamp yesterday!! I think she is called Thank You. Your coloring is always fantastic! It did take me a little longer yesterday to color this type of image, a lot more detail.(but sooo much fun!) Love this card, might have to check out this challenge!

Alicia said...

I have to agree - she is a real cutie! Your colouring is gorgeous.
Alicia xx

Blankina said...

Annie I think you have done a great job!!! Lucky you that you are so clever with digi's and that you have a great colouring technique...
Weldone!!
Ciao Blankina

Vicky said...

WOW....I soooo love how the beautiful image really stands out its gorgeous!!!

Thank you for joining us girlies over at Saturated Canary Challenges, good luck hun.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Loopylou. said...

Hiyah annie rose!!
major oooooh and ahhhhh on this one hun!! its just awesome! and I love those little flowers too.
thank you for playing along with us over on the SC challenge blog!
hugs Lou xxx

Lisa Lara said...

This is just the cutest Annie. I love love your coloring on her. Love your rolled flowers. So happy you joined us for our Behind the Alley blog hop.

Samantha Ball - aka (Craftychick74) said...

Like all your work this is absolutely stunning!

I have a blog award for you on my blog too
http://craftychickcards.blogspot.com.au/2012/02/liebster-blog-award.html

Happy Crafting
Sam xx