Mar 16, 2012

For You, Friend - card

This card is one of my favorites, so far.  It just all came together from my mind to the paper.  It definitely helps to have a darling digi image from {Tiddly Inks} to pull it all together.  :)

Her name is Poppy, and you can purchase/download her {here} .  I fell in love with her the moment I saw her.  The hair, the poppy, the socks... perfection.  I'm also really enjoying the machine stitching!  It adds the extra dimension that I feel some of my cards need when finished.  Hopefully it doesn't look like too much!  The paper is from K&Company and Recollections.  The lace border is from my sewing stash.  I added the sentiment myself in Paint before I printed the image out.

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:
{TIDDLY INKS CHALLENGE BLOG} #81 - "Best Friends Forever"
{SIMON SAYS STAMP CHALLENGE BLOG} - A Bit 'O Green
{DO YOU STACK UP CHALLENGE BLOG} #63 - Favorite Color (green).

16 comments:

Alyce said...

I love this Annie Rose! Beautifully coloured and great layout. I am liking your machine stitching on your cards lately :)

Loopylou. said...

hiyah Annie rose!
oh hun this is beautiful. This is my mums favourite tiddly ink ever as she has a poppy in her hands.
I love the colours and papers on this one hun and the layering looks so pretty.
Thank you for playing along with the tiddly inkers
hugs Lou xxx

Rachel Parys said...

Ooooo..love the colors! You did a heck of a job sewing too! I can never sew that straight! I usually have to strategically place something over where I went out of the lines! ;)

She is awesome!

Kerri said...

love your card your colouring is great..also love your blog and this is why I have chosen to pass along this blog award to you..Liebster Blog Award.. you can go over to my blog and copy and paste the pic if you decide you would like it..thks for sharing your creativity

Elaine said...

Beatiful card Annie Rose I love the image Hugs Elaine

Joey said...

Annie Rose this is just BEAUTIFUL, just love it, thanks for joining us at TiddlyInks. Joey x

Amanda R said...

Gorgeous Annie Rose! I love the stitching and the black cardstock, really makes your coloring pop! Thanks for joining in with us at Tiddly Inks!

Melissa Bove (SCS ~ Melissa1872) said...

Beautiful card! Great image!!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

Hugs...
Melissa

mforquer said...

Oh this is fabulous! I love the gorgeous lace and the stitching is a gorgeous touch! I love all of it - great glints in her eyes too!! Thanks for playing at Tiddly Inks!
Hugs,
M

Christy/Tiddly Inks said...

Ohhhh, pretty! :)

Keilly said...

Gorgeous card, just love that adorable image so beautifully coloured. Thanks for sharing with us at DYSU this week!

Lou Mac said...

This is gorgeous! I love the clean layout and your vibrant colouring!!

Thanks for joining us over at Tiddly Inks for our 'Best Friends Forever' challenge. Good luck.

xo, Lou Mac.

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie this is just gorgeous, loving the colours too, gorgeous work Thanks for joining us at Tiddly Inks challenge this time, good luck hugs pops x x x

Marlena Peduzzi said...

This is beautiful! The sewing and lace is such a nice touch! So glad you could join our challenge at Tiddly Inks!

Hannah Clark said...

Your colouring is fabulous and I love all that gorgeous stitching! Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Tiddly Inks!

Larissa said...

Fabulous card Annie Rose! Your colouring is so pretty and I love the little coloured parts on your sentiment.

Hugs,
Larissa