Apr 18, 2012

Bonjour, Mimi!

I've got another one of my adorable Penny Black stamps to show you this morning.  It's called Bonjour! and features little Mimi, of course.  :)


I paired her up with some older purple, green and black papers from DCWV and light purple and white card stock from Recollections. Bonjour Mimi is stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink on Cryogen Irridescent card stock.  I colored her with Copics and added highlights with a white gel pen.  The "Hello" sentiment is from PaperTrey Ink and the ribbon is from my stash.  I machine-stitched around the edges with dark purple thread for extra detail.

I made this card with the current "Sketch For You To Try" over at {I HEART 2 STAMP}.  It's a great, simple sketch that can be used in so many ways.  I decided to follow it as it was presented:

5 comments:

Alyce said...

What a cutie! Love the colours...especially her hair colour :) Everything works really well with the sketch too! I am loving seeing these Penny Black stamps!

Rachel Parys said...

oooo purple is my fav!!! She is so sassy, what a fun image! I love the green/purple combo, I think I will have to make something purple today!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blankina said...

Hi Annie, what to say?? As usual great colouring and I love the sketch!!
I have never used green and purple together yet but it looks great..
Ciao Blankina

Elaine said...

Hi Annie Rose,Wow the colours and ribbon are stunning what a gorgeous card and such a sweet image well done
I am just catching up viewing as I have been poorly, feeling much better now and will be posting soon.
You have been making some fabulous cards since I have been away
well done Hugs Elaine

McCrafty's Cards said...

Hi Annie, All of your cards are gorgeous, your colouring is fabulous, I like this card,the image is adorable, I like the papers the stitching and the big bow.
Kevin xx