Apr 25, 2012

{Feel Better Soon} - card

The current {Farm Fresh Friday} challenge over at {THE GREETING FARM} is to make a project with NO COLORING!  Goodness me, that's difficult.  Even when I paper-piece an image, I still color some bits.  I guess that's the purpose of a challenge, eh?  Step out of your comfort zone and try something new.  :)

So, instead of coloring my image with Copics, I decided to do some heat-embossing:

This is CUDDLE ANYA from {The Greeting Farm}.  I stamped her with clear VersaMark ink and added aqua colored embossing powder.  I then heat set it with a heat gun.  I layered her onto card stocks from Recollections and K+Company. I used my Martha Stewart Around-The-Page punch on one side.  The sentiment stamp is from PapertreyInk.  The aqua grosgrain ribbon and flowers are from my stash.

* * * * *

I'm linking this cuddly gal up to the following challenges:

{FARM FRESH FRIDAY GREETING FARM} - No Coloring
{SIMON SAYS STAMP CHALLENGE BLOG} - Anything Goes

6 comments:

Rachel Parys said...

She is tooooo cute!!! Great colors! I really loved this challenge, I may make a few more things this way. Love the embossing, mine never turns out that awesome! Maybe I'll have to give it another try!

Blankina said...

Hi Annie, see...!! Even without colouring your card turns out great,
what a cutie and love the punched edge. Love the new Cheeky Geeky stamp and I am sooo happy for Rachel..
Ciao have a nice day,
Blankina

Emily Leiphart said...

This is darling! She really stands out the way you heat embossed her!

Alyce said...

I love her stamped up in the blue! It really pops against those papers. That border punch looks great too! :D

Rachel Parys said...

I don't know why it took me until now to notice you won the TGF No Color Challenge!!! Jeez, someone needs to wake me up! Congrats girl, this was such a cutie!!! Can't wait to see what you get!

Thanh Vo said...

Ms. Annie! You are on a roll, lady. Congrats on winning the single for my no colour challenge as well as the BIG KAHUNA prize!!! I absolutely loved all the entries for this challenge as I know HOW hard it is NOT to colour. :P Hugs.