Apr 5, 2012

Hunny-Bunny - Easter Card

I've had some darling Penny Black stamps in my possession for quite a while and have only used a couple of them. I don't know what I was waiting for! They are too cute and so much fun to color.  I mostly have Valentine stamps, but one of the images on the "Mimi + Miles" clear stamp set is this little bunny gal:



Tee hee! :)  She's ready for Easter (and just in time, too).  I used the K+Company Raspberry Fizz paper set, the edges inked with distress ink, some buttons and purple grosgrain ribbon from my stash. 

I was singing the song "Little Bunny Foo-Foo" while making this card, but I didn't have any sentiments that fit, and my handwriting wasn't cutting it.  The sentiment stamp I used is from Some Odd Girl's "Gwen In Bloom" clear stamp set that I recently won (thanks, Kristy!) and will be inking up soon.

I finished it off by machine-stitching around the outside.  You know... like I've been doing on every card I make these days.  I love the finishing touch.  Even when the needle jams in the middle of sewing a zig-zag up the ribbon....  *sigh* 

 I had a bunch of challenges in mind while making this card, so I will be linking up to the following fabby sites:

{ALL THAT SCRAPS CHALLENGE BLOG} - Sketch challenge
{PENNY BLACK CHALLENGE BLOG} "Sing-Along" - Little Bunny Foo-Foo
{STAMPTACULAR SUNDAY CHALLENGE BLOG} - "Playin' With Pastels"
{OOZAK CHALLENGE BLOG} - "Anything Goes" first challenge!
{SIMON SAYS STAMP CHALLENGE BLOG} - "Favorite Tool" - Sewing machine :)

10 comments:

Elaine said...

Annie Rose I am loving that black ribbon it makes those fabulous colours POP ,I love the image and this card well done Hugs Elaine

Suzanne said...

lovely colouring thank you for joining us at stamptacular this week

Alyce said...

This is too cute Annie Rose! Love this image and perfect for Easter! :D

Michelle B. said...

So cute! Fab Spring/Easter card. love the papers and all that stitching! So glad you joined us this week at Stamptacular Sunday!

Rachel Parys said...

I'm laughing right now because I just happened to see these stamps at Hobby Lobby and was super surprised! That's crazy! Cute and fun Easter card!!

debby4000 said...

Oh this is adorable and so cute, gorgeous card.
Thanks for joining us at Penny Black Saturday Challenge.
luv
Debby

kath said...

super cute card...thanks for joining in the fun sing-a-long at Penny Black Saturday...hugs kath xxx

Janine said...

aaah so lovely

thanks for playing with the allthatscrapschallenge

Janine Dt ATS

Joy said...

Squealing with delight over this sweetie, love that image and your colouring is amazing... thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog

Lindsay said...

omg! That little image really is too cute :) Great job on the card, tfs.