Apr 9, 2012

Thinking Of You - card

I know what you are probably thinking...

Hey Annie, all of your cards are colored the same way!  Why don't you mix it up a bit, silly girl?

heh heh...  well, I'd love to.  But, you see, I only have a limited amount of Copic markers so every color gets used often.  I'm researching to find the next set of colors to buy, in lighter shades that will still go along with the ones I have.  They are quite the investment, aren't they?  But I love my Copics!  If anyone has any favorite lighter-color Copic color combinations that you just love, let me know!  I'm looking for some softer yellows for hair coloring and softer pinks and blues. Maybe some greens, too. 

Have I mentioned I've been coloring all this week without any colorless blender?  I'm completely out! Ack!  How dangerous and adventurous am I?  :)


Isn't this little crawling gal adorable? She was a freebie digi image (awesome!) from {MILK COFFEE} and I totally fell in love with her.

I inked her up with Copics and added a few highlights with a white gel pen.  I cut out the card shape with the scalloped square nestabilities die.  The DP's are from DCWV and K+Company.  The flowers and twine are from my stash.  The sentiment and sentiment frame are from the Some Odd Girl clear stamp set called "Sweet Thinkin' Mae".

I'm entering her into the following challenges:

{MILK COFFEE CHALLENGE BLOG} - Throw On Those Flowers
{SIMON SAYS STAMP CHALLENGE BLOG} - Favorite tool - Big Shot!
{STAMPTACULAR SUNDAY CHALLENGE BLOG} - photo inspiration - yellow + flowers

10 comments:

Suzanne said...

lovely card thankyou for joining stamptacular this week

Jenn Borjeson said...

Hey Annie Rose - she's super cute, and you could use the same colors every day - your work is amazing. :)

Rica said...

Such a lovely card, a wonderful design and such an adorable image, beautifully coloured.


Thanks so much for joining us at the the Simon Says Stamp challenge
hugs
Heather xx

Rachel Parys said...

What a cutie!! Love the bright colors!

Copics are CRAZY expensive! I don't get why, but I slowly add to my colors every week when I have a coupon.

Elizabeth Hart said...

Completely adorable- every part of this card is delightful. Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Stamptacular Sunday Challenge!

Creations by Shirl said...

She is adorable - thanks for playing along in MCS 2nd challenge and good luck!

Céline said...

absolutly gorgeous love your coloring
thanks for playing with us at stamptacular sunday this week
hugs
céline

Ria said...

Gorgeousss card Annie ;) and don't worry about the colours YOU MAKE THEM WORK :)
thanks for joining us at MILKCOFFEE Challenges :)
hugs Ria

Yoshira aka cricutalltime said...

Gorgeous card.Love your coloring.Beautiful flowers and card shape.

Sprytebyrd said...

Beautiful card! Love the bright colors and great shape!
Thanks so much for joining us at Stamptacular Sunday this week!
Hugs!! Dee Sprytebyrd's Sentiments