May 12, 2012

Box of Cards: A Mother's Day Gift

I always give my mom a handmade gift for Mother's Day and this year is no exception.  Only this time, I decided to make a gift that keeps on giving!  :)
I made this thin box with five matching cards inside:

As I've mentioned, my Copic ink levels are super low, bordering on non-existent and with no funds to replenish, I have to get creative with my stamps and ink!  Wow... stamping with stamps... what a concept, eh?  :)  There's lots of heat embossing happening here, too.

Anyhoo, I gathered a bunch of different stamps that I've had in my stash for a while and mixed them all together.  The floral star and silhouette stamps are from the dollar spot at JoAnn's.  The swirl stamp I've had for over 20 years (seriously) and the "Thinking Of You" sentiment stamp is from Some Odd Girl.

The floral star is heat embossed with gold embossing powder.  The silhouette is embossed with shiny black embossing powder. The card stocks are from American Crafts.  The purple polka dot DP is from DCWV.  The punch is by Martha Stewart and the twine is from my stash.  The insides of the cards are plain white so she can add her own special note.  :)

All five cards and five envelopes fit into the paper box, which I made with the help of my trusty score board.  To finish everything off, I tied it with some shiny gold ribbon that is attached to the back only, so it can be untied and tied again as often as needed.

I hope she likes it!  And mom, if you are seeing this early, act surprised when I hand it to you on Sunday.  :)

4 comments:

Norazizah Hashim said...

i'm sure your mom will like it. :)

Hand made gift for Mother's Day

Rachel Parys said...

LOL, I posted Mother's day stuff today too, hope I didn't ruin the surprise!

These are gorgeous!(I'm a little biased, purple is my fav!) I really love the box! These would make great teacher gifts, if I could get them done in time!

McCrafty's Cards said...

What a gorgeous gift set Annie, I like the image and heat embossing on the cards and the box is beautiful.
Kevin xx

Elaine said...

Annie Rose what a stunning gift , fantastic work well done Hugs Elaine