May 14, 2012

{U R AMAZING} card

Hiya!  I was finally able to finish up my card for this month's challenge over at {SOME ODD GIRL}.  It's a sketch challenge and it's awesome.  :)

Yes, I'm using these Raspberry Road Designs papers to the fullest!  You will be seeing lots of strawberry-inspired cards in the next little while.  I love them!  Perfect for Spring and Summer. I used it to paper-piece her dress, too. The stamp is obviously from SOME ODD GIRL, it's called "SWEET THINKIN' MAE".  I colored her with Copics.

The "Amazing" sentiment is from Technique Tuesday.  The U and R letters are from the "Grungeboard - Alphabet Soup" set by Tim Holtz -- they are grungy gray letters that can be altered in any way.  I inked mine with brown and white inks mixed, to make them look like soft leather.  I then used a while gel pen to make stitches around the outsides.  I love how they turned out!

* * * * *

I'm linking this gal up the following challenges:

{SOME ODD GIRL} - sketch challenge
{OOZAK CHALLENGE BLOG} - Spring colors.  Strawberries are Springy, right?

12 comments:

Rachel Parys said...

I NEED her! She is to die for, your coloring is fantastic! I am loving those papers too! Super duper job girl!

Alyce said...

Ahhh I LOVE her!!! Love her little paper pieced dress and those papers are so yummy...beautiful bright colours! :D

Arabella said...

Faberoony Annie Rose! Gorgeous colouring and that paper pieced dress is awesome! I love those grungeboard letters too!

Thanks so much for playing along in the sketch challenge at SOG this month!

Arabella

Nick said...

Love this card! And the papers, lol.

I adore your colouring, I shore will be back and try to learn from you...

tfs

Annette said...

SUper Cute...love your coloring and what a fun take on the sketch...Thanks for joining us at Some Odd Girl...

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Beautiful! Love your coloring. Thank you so much for playing along our sketch challenge at SOG! :)

Mel said...

Oh I love this, so beautiful. Just love the paper piecing. Thank you for joining us at Oozak challenges.

Miss Amber said...

I love that paper-pieced dress! Thanks for entering Some Odd Girl challenge!

Leah Crowe said...

I want a dress just like hers!! Its absolutely gorgeous Annie!! LOVE LOVE LOVE. So happy you joined Some Odd Girl this month!! hugs! xoxo Leah

Trina said...

Annie, this card caught my eye over at Oozak; it's gorgeous! Love the coloring and the dress! (Once I got here I had to laugh at how our blog names are so similar!)

...just Barbara said...

This is gorgeous! The sentiment is awesome and the paper piecing is perfect. :D Thanks for playing in the Some Odd Girl Sketch Challenge! *Hugs

Colleen Dietrich said...

OOOooo, I love that strawberry paper! Reminds me of an old fashioned kitchen, where someone is making strawberry jam. Yum. :)

Thanks for leaving a comment about my 10 YO's cards, Annie. It made her smile!

Have a beautiful day. :)