Jun 22, 2012

Hello - a princess card

This card I just put together is definitely one of my most favorite cards I've made!  I love how it all came together.  Sometimes, I start a card 2 or 3 times before I end up with something I kind of like. This one is a keeper :)


How sweet is she?!  I used the newest Princess no.4 from The Greeting Farm.  I copied the lovely Thanh Vo's idea to crop her hair a bit... it's adorable!  A sweet little princess bob.  I paper-pieced her hair, dress and crown and colored her skin with Copics.  The DP is from DCWV and the card stock is from American Crafts.  The ribbon is from The Ribbon Carousel.  The leaf die is from C. C. Designs. I used the rolled paper roses die from Sizzix and the Sizzix polka dot embossing folder for some of the orange card stock.  The scallop border is from a Martha Stewart's Around-The-Page punch. The hello sentiment is from Papertrey Ink.

The sketch I used is from the current GREETING FARM challenge over on Splitcoast Stampers.  It's a perfect sketch!  You'll be seeing me use it a lot.

* * * * *

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:
{THE GREETING FARM SKETCH CHALLENGE} - TFGSC18 on Splitcoast
{ALL THAT SCRAPS WEDNESDAY CHALLENGE} - embossing

9 comments:

Blankina said...

What a perfect card Annie...these colour combo is beautiful and the paperpiercing ( your favourite style I guess ) makes the card extra special.
Love the hair "cut"...I did it one one card with Cheeky Geeky...

Ciao hugs from Italy of your blogfriend Blankina

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card Annie, I like the sweet image, the papers and the piecing and the flowers.
Kevin xx

Rachel Parys said...

She is GORGEOUS! What a striking color combo, it's very eye-catching!! You are a genius!

Heidi Brawley said...

AWE your card is REALLY cute!!! love all the paper piecing on it too! Great Work!!!
hugs, Heidi

Thanh Vo said...

Awwww Annie!!! You just made me smile so big with the plug. :) Love your little blue bob princess! Your lil' princess is blue-tiful! Hugs.

Alyce said...

I love her bob! What a total cutie and the colours are just so pretty. Everything works perfectly together and I can see why you like this card! :)

Jenn Borjeson said...

Ahhh! Love it! LOVE her paper-pieced hair, so cool! :)

Janine Vegter said...

wowww annie
love it, great colorcombo and piecing
thanks for playing with the embossingchallenge at allthatscraps

Dangina Martinez said...

Super cute! Love your colors and layout.
Thank You so much for joining us at All That Scraps.
Good Luck and Hugs, Dangina