Jul 1, 2012

{ANYONE FOR ANYA?} Sunday Challenge

Time for another challenge over at {ANYONE FOR ANYA?}!  This week, our challenge for you is to use a stamp/image that you either haven't used before or haven't used in a while.  Make sure it's a stamp from THE GREETING FARM or C. C. DESIGNS to play along!

I looked through my fastly-growing collection of stamps from The Greeting Farm and decided that I hadn't used "HELLO IAN" in a little while, so I got him all inked up:


I colored his skin and some of his clothes with Copics.  The rest is paper-pieced with DP from Recollections and K+Company.  The flowers and tiny buttons are from my stash.  The scallop border die is from My Favorite Things.  The sentiment stamp is from Papertrey Ink.

I wanted to share how I finish off my paper-piecing bits:


Whenever I stamp black ink onto DP, the ink shows up pretty lightly.  I prefer all of my images to look crisp and clean, so I grab my liner pen and outline them.  On images that will be paper-pieced, I only ink around the part that wont be covered with paper (face, hands, etc).  I then go around each cut paper piece to make sure all of the stamp details show up.  I think it gives the image a perfectly finished look.  Plus, it makes me feel like I'm playing with paper dolls! :)  Oh, Ian, you are too cute.


Be sure to stop by {ANYONE FOR ANYA?} this week to see all of the DT inspiration and to play along!

* * * * *

I'm linking this card up to the following challenge(s):
{TGF - FARM FRESH FRIDAY} - Four layers and buttons




6 comments:

Arabella said...

So gorgeous Annie Rose! I love your paper piecing and thanks for sharing your crispy technique!

Arabella

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card Annie,I like the image the paper piecing and the design.
Kevin xx

Alyce said...

Love this Annie Rose! Such sweet paper piecing and I love the colours you chose :)

Rachel Parys said...

You are the paper piecing queen, and I totally bow down to you because I don't have the patience for all of the fussy cutting!! he he! Awesome tip, using the pen to darken up the ink lines, it makes a big difference! Super job!

Lou Mac said...

This is amazing!! Really perfect paper piecing and fussy cutting and piecing together! Such a professional, clean finish! LOVE your card, those little button centres are gorgeous. xo

Denice said...

An adorable card with a great tip! I hadn't thought to go around all of the edges, DOH....I usually just outline the outer completed image. TFS!
:Dxx