Jul 24, 2012

Miss You - a P.I. card

I am a big fan of the Pure Innocence stamps. I think they are so cute!  They are simple line drawings that are so much fun to color and to paper-piece, which you know I love.  :)


This little gal is "Pure Innocence - Because You're Special" from My Favorite Things.  She is colored with Copics and her dress and shoes are paper-pieced.  The DP's are from DCWV and the textured card stock is from American Crafts.  I added some machine stitching around each color block.  The sentiment stamp is from Papertrey Ink.  The buttons are from my stash.  The leaf die is from CCDesigns.

The sketch I followed is from the My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge #81 over on Splitcoast Stampers:
I'm showing it upside-down because that is how I used it!  Hee hee  :)  It worked better this way, since the image I used is facing the right.

I am also entering this card into the new challenge at {LOVES RUBBERSTAMPS} -- the theme is paper-piecing.  Be prepared to see lots of entries into that challenge this week!

10 comments:

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

This is so adorable, love the paper piercing and the dp you used with her. Love how you flipped your sketch!

Gismo said...

Such a fabulous card with lovely details and great papers :)

Hugs,
Conny

My Crafting Channel said...

Beautiful. Love the stitching.

Nana
♥My Crafting Channel♥

Rachel Parys said...

Awww, she's a doll! Love what you did with all of the layers, it's an awesome layout! Gorgeous work! (as always!)

Laura Love said...

This is super cute! You did an awesome job with that sketch! I love it :) Thank you so much for joining us at Loves Rubberstamps!

Wendy said...

Adorable and so gorgeous.
Wendy xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card Annie, I like the sweet image the colours the stitching and the buttons.
Kevin xx

Leah Crowe said...

oh what a little sweetheart!! Love your card layout.. beautiful!!!
hugs, Leah

Alyce said...

Yay more fun paper piecing! Love the too cute image and those colours are so fun and bright :D

Maureen said...

Super cute! Love the paper piecing!