Aug 5, 2012

{ANYONE FOR ANYA?} Sunday Challenge

This week, our challenge for you over at the {ANYONE FOR ANYA?} challenge blog is to create something with a flower. Easy enough, right?  Be sure to use an image from THE GREETING FARM or CCDESIGNS to play along.

I used Flirty Anya from The Greeting Farm for my card.  I paper-pieced her hair and dress with different green DP.  I was trying to go for a sort of garden fairy look.  Not sure if I captured it or not.  But, what can you do?  :)  The leaf stamp is from Hero Arts. The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink

For my flower, I cut a 6 inch length of lace and hand-stitched some straight stitches down one side.  I then pulled the thread tight and gathered the lace into a flower shape.  I threaded a button with rope and pulled it through the center opening of the lace flower.  I tied the rope into a bow and adhered it to the card.  It only took a couple of minutes.

Even though I am not in love with this card as a whole, I think the flower looks pretty darn cool.  What do you guys think?


Be sure to stop by {ANYONE FOR ANYA?} this week to see all of the DT creations and to play along.  There's an awesome prize pack... you don't want to miss out!

4 comments:

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card Annie, I like the sweet image, the embossing and design.
Kevin xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card Annie, I like the sweet image, the embossing and design.
Kevin xx

Alyce said...

Gorgeous Annie Rose! Love her lime green hair and the layout is just lovely :)

Rachel Parys said...

She is purdy!! I love that flower you made! I will have to try this, I have a ton of lace that I haven't used, this would be perfect! You're so smart!