Aug 23, 2012

Fall - a Distress Ink card

I'm having a lot of fun playing with my new Distress Inks!  I keep searching all over blog-land and YouTube constantly and I find more and more inspiration every day.  We live in a crazy talented world, folks!

If you have a YouTube channel showing anything artsy/crafty, please let me know -- I'd love to check it out. :)

There's a {Repetition Challenge in the Moxie Fab World} right now that gave me the perfect chance to get inky:


This card is really long and skinny and it was hard to get a good photo!  Boy, did I try.  But, I think I was able to capture it OK here:


It's definitely repetitive, but not in a boring way, I hope.  I stamped the leaf image (from Hero Arts) a bunch of times onto water color paper and cut them out.  I then dabbed a few colors of Distress Ink onto parchment paper, spritzed it with water, and laid the paper on top to soak up the yummy ink colors.  I then dried the paper with a heat gun and repeated the process until I got the look and colors I was going for.

I wanted each leaf to have a little touch of the color next to it to help emphasize the changing season.  I just love Fall.  It's definitely the best season.  And, as a sucker for anything in rainbow-color order, this card makes me (and my OCD) really happy! Tee hee!


I'm also entering this card into the current "NO RULES" challenge at the {SIMON SAYS STAMP AND SHOW} blog.

* * * * *
 
I've got a few Distress Ink Tutorials in the works that I'm hoping to share here on my blog very soon!  Thanks for all your kind words, everyone.  :)
 


15 comments:

Blankina said...

Annie what a great colouring project. Love the effect !!
Hugs Blankina

maria f. said...

Beautiful. Repetitive and ombre - aren't you trendy?!?!

Alyce said...

Gorgeous design Annie Rose! Just love the beautiful inking techniques :)

Tina said...

lovely fall colors...beautiful card

Rachel Parys said...

Hold on, gotta pick my jaw up off of the floor!!!! This is wicked!! You totally captured the essence of the leaves actually changing, it's fantastic!! Awesome work Annie!

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is beautiful Annie, I love the colours and your design.
Kevin xx

Pam said...

a beautiful card! love the colors.

Linda Beeson said...

I so love your card!!! I love fall colors so that right there has my interest.

Maura said...

Your colors are so vibrant! Beautiful. Where in the heck do you find an envelope? LOL

Annie Rose said...

LOL @ Maura -- I'll just have to make an envelope, I suppose! :)

May said...

Boring?! NO WAY!! This is an awesome card. LOVE what you've done with this and all those lovely leaves. AMAZING card!! Thank you for sharing and joining us this week at Simon Says Stamp and Show!

Emily said...

Awesome leaves! I'm pinning this to try later. I also love the long skinny design!

Karen said...

I agree...what an awesome card!! Love how you did the leaves...so perfect for fall.

RedGem said...

I just love this card... you're right it illustrates the change of seasons! Tks for sharing.

Cath said...

Hey Annie Rose! Thanks for linking this up to the Repetition Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)