Aug 13, 2012

Heartfelt Thanks - card

There is the CUTEST sketch challenge happening this week over in The Greeting Farm's Splitcoast Stampers forum... I couldn't wait to get started on it.  It's definitely being added to my favorite sketches list!


Sorry about the bluish tint.  It just wouldn't edit out!  I used Princess No. 4 from The Greeting Farm and water colored her with Distress Inks on 140 lb water color paper.  The sentiment stamp is from Papertrey Ink.  The glossy chipboard hearts have been in my stash for probably 10 years... I can't remember who makes them!  :)

I used some of my favorite new paper from My Mind's Eye - Indie Chic.  I bought this paper pack just for this blue and yellow flower pattern.  It's just gorgeous!

Isn't this sketch great?  It's a great way to emphasize the main image and still have cute stuff all around.  You should try it, even if you don't want to join in on the TGF fun!

I'm also entering this card into the current challenge over at {SIMON SAYS STAMP AND SHOW} -- the challenge is to use your favorite technique.  It think it goes without saying that my favorite new technique is Distress Ink water coloring.  Tee hee!  :)

4 comments:

Alyce said...

Aww this is just the cutest Annie Rose! Glad you are liking your distress inks...she looks so beautifully coloured. Love that layout too - stunning! :)

Blankina said...

Great sketch...I have become a member on splitcoaster to join the TGF challenges but I still did not have the chance to join. I have tried once but it did not work out..Must try soon...this challenge is great.

You did a great job ( Again!!!)

Hugs Blankina

Rachel Parys said...

Love what you did with the sketch!! She looks gorgeous! I really want to try coloring with distress inks, it gives the image such a cool look!! Awesome job girl!

Terry said...

Thank you for sharing your fabby card with the Dt from Simon Says Stamp and Show, love the colors and coloring, hugs terry xxxx