Aug 5, 2012

Pocket Full Of Love - card

I have a second card to share with you today.  I used Princess No. 4 from The Greeting Farm and a couple mixed sentiment stamps from Unity.


She's paper-pieced, of course.  I also cut her curly ponytails off for a shorter bob.  Her skin is colored with Copics.  The DP's are from Crate Paper (diamonds) and the First Edition Paper "Hideaway" stack.  The card stock is from Papertrey Ink.  The scallop border die is from My Favorite Things.

I don't have a butterfly punch yet, so I punched out 6 small hearts to act as wings. I threaded some rope through the button and cut the ends off to act as the antenna.  I then stuck everything together with a glue dot behind the button.  :)


The main colors I used are from the above photo inspiration photo over at {LOVES RUBBERSTAMPS}.  I'm also entering it into the {DO YOU STACK UP?} challenge for Polka Dots and the {OOZAK CHALLENGE BLOG} for a Fall theme.

11 comments:

Laura Love said...

What a neat card Annie! Very cool idea to use the paper piecing for the hair! I love it :) Thanks so much for playing along with us at Loves Rubberstamps this week!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

OMGosh, I love the paper peiced bob, what a great idea! The heart butterfly's are so cute and creative. This is perfect. Thanks so much for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!

Alyce said...

Awww I love her bob! So cute! Great layout and those little butterflies are adorable :)

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card Annie, I like the image,the paper piecing the colours and the layout.
Kevin xx

Rachel Parys said...

Oooo, pretty color scheme! I love the pic of that room, wish it was in my house!! This princess looks awesome!!! I need to use my princess that I finally bought! Awesome card!!

Rebecca Mosher said...

Love the 'pop' that this card has. Love how you used patterns on her hair and dress, such a clean card :D

Dangina Martinez said...

Such a sweet card. Love your color combos each week.
Hugs, Dangina

Jan Garber said...

I love that you pieced her hair! Thanks for joining us at DYSU!

Jacqueline Smith said...

What a really awesome card, love all the paper piecing job! Thanks for playing with us at Loves Rubberstamps!

Lisa said...

Love, love the papers you used and how you paper-pieced her!! She's so sweet!! The butterflies are creative and fabulous!! What an awesome card :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Julie Masse said...

Oh my goodness how sweet is this!! LOVE the paper piecing! Thanks for playing along at Oozak.com!! :)