Aug 11, 2012

You Rule! - card

I'm so happy to say that I have finally bought myself some Distress Inks!  I've been wanting them forever so I could try water coloring with them.  I'll have more posts on the Distress Inks this next week.

But, for now, I'm sharing my first Distress Ink water colored image:


Let me say, it didn't come as naturally as I had hoped it would (heh) but it's so much fun!  And, I can finally color in lighter, softer shades.  Yes!  :)

Along with my Distress Ink purchase, I also got some new paper packs and a new Nestabilities set, so I put them all to use on this card.  I stamped CHEEKY GEEKY from The Greeting Farm on watercolor paper with Ranger Archival Ink (jet black -- it's super vivid!).  I ended up paper-piecing her vest and headband with the coordinating DP from October Afternoon's "SIDEWALKS" set.  The button and twine are from my stash.  I punched the "YOU RULE" sentiment with my Dymo label maker.

* * * * *
I'm entering this card into the following challenges:
{TGF - FARM FRESH FRIDAY} - Back To School
{LOVES RUBBERSTAMPS} - Bingo (die cut, dry embossing, button)
{ALL THAT SCRAPS} - Anything Goes
{THE PLAY DATE CAFE} - Challenge #144

16 comments:

eva said...

this is so awesome!! i love it all! love the papers!!

Blankina said...

what a cutie Annie, I cannot wait to come home and use my new scrap stuff which I have bought in Holland...
my holidays in camper are almost finished...
Ciao hugs Blankina

Patrice said...

Great use of the colors - I'd love for you to link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!

http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/08/52-card-pickup-week-32.html

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Squeel!!!! She is so cute. I love the dp and great design. The coloring is FABULOUS with your distress ink markers, love it. Thanks for Playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps! Hope you are trying out for the Guest Designer.

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card Annie, I like the image the papers ans the twine.
Kevin xx

Nikki said...

This looks amazing and love how you've coloured her in with your distress inks. Thanks for everything too it arrived on Friday and Loved your card so beautiful
hugs Nikki

Alyce said...

Yay glad you got your distress inks! Love how you have coloured her...the tones are really lovely. Beautiful papers and layout too :)

Rachel Parys said...

Looooove this!!! You purchased a bunch of my fav items!! I love that OA paper so much, that I hardly use it! (lol, I want to keep it forever, and ever, and...) I wish I had a hundred more shapes from Nesties, but darn they are expensive!! And for what, they're just little pieces of metal!! Super job on this, she's a doll!

Laura Love said...

OMGosh Annie! What an ADORABLE card! I love absolutely every detail! You did a beautiful job coloring with your distress inks! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Loves Rubberstamps!

Jacqueline Smith said...

That is a really awesome card! Love the coloring job. Thanks for joining us at Loves Rubberstamps!

Veronica Z said...

I just LOVE this card! Your image and coloring are fabulous and I am SO in-love with the patterned paper you used!! Thank you for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!!

Jen Cuthbertson said...

What a cute card! I love the papers and your coloring is wonderful! Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe!

~amy~ said...

Such a cutie pie card!!!

Connie Mercer said...

adorable card~super cute!!!Thanks for playing with us at the PDCC!!!

Jas said...

Beautiful, love the distressing color that you did and the papers you used, tfs! Hugs, Jas

Janie Printz said...

I searched thru a lot of your womderful work & can't find a bad card among them ,,, Guess that says a lot for your amazing cards. keep them coming as we all LOVE to look & see what terrific desighnyou come up with mext.
Hugs, Janie