Sep 23, 2012

{ANYONE FOR ANYA?} Sunday Challenge

I don't know about you guys, but this month is just flying by for me!  I have a bunch of creations and tutorials I want to share with you, I just haven't had the time to post them.  I'm hoping this week will be better.  :)
 
* * * * *
Today, we have a new challenge going up for you at {ANYONE FOR ANYA?}.  We want to see your creations that are based on, or are inspired by a movie.  Any movie you like!  Just be sure to use a stamp/image from THE GREETING FARM or CCDESIGNS to play along.
 
I have chosen to use the newly released "BRIGHT BEAN" stamp from The Greeting Farm:
 

Oh, she's a cutie!  She reminds me of a fairy and her sentiment is perfect.   Can you guess which movie I was inspired by for this card?  
 
 
Yup, that's right.... Peter Pan.  :)
*click the link above to watch the YouTube clip*
 
I stamped Bright Bean onto watercolor paper with VersaMark ink and heat embossed the image with black embossing powder.  I then grabbed three primary color distress ink pads -- Fired Brick, Mustard Seed and Broken China.  I blended them onto the watercolor paper to create the rainbow effect.  I then spritzed the paper with water to give it the actual watercolor look.  The embossed image resists the ink and water and stays perfectly black and bold.
 
I grabbed a bit of patterned paper and some black and white card stock to mat the image and finish the card.  The buttons and twine are from my stash.
 
 
We can't wait to see what everyone creates with this movie challenge theme!  Be sure to stop by the {ANYONE FOR ANYA?} challenge blog to see all of the DT creations and to play along.
 
* * * * *
 I'm linking this card up to the following challenges:
{LOVES RUBBERSTAMPS} - create your own background
{SIMON SAYS STAMP} - Emboss It (heat)
 
 

5 comments:

Alyce said...

Oooh gorgeous!! I love the technique ont his one and the whole design is fantastic :)

Blankina said...

Wow Annie this Beanie card is fantastic!! Love the colours on the background and the heat embossed Bean is super pretty!!

Hugs Blankina

Rachel Parys said...

Wow woman! The stuff you have been coming up with using your Distress Inks has been fabulous!!!! I wish I had more time to play with mine, you've provided some serious inspiration! This turned out gorgeous!!

Laura Love said...

This is awesome! Love the pretty background colors!! Thank you so much for playing along at Loves Rubberstamps this week!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

So adorable and I love your background you made to use with her. Thanks for playing with us this week over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!