Sep 30, 2012

{ANYONE FOR ANYA?} Sunday Challenge

This week, our challenge for you at {ANYONE FOR ANYA?} is to create a card for a boy!  I don't know about you, but it is definitely a challenge for me to create boy cards... I keep wanting to add more and more embellishments and they and up a bit too girly! :)

If you'd like a challenge to make a boy- themed card, please join us!  Remember to use a stamp/image from either THE GREETING FARM or CCDESIGNS to play along.

For this card, I used Prince Ian from The Greeting Farm:

I stamped him onto watercolor paper and used my Distress Inks to color him in.  I wanted to create a little scene, so I grabbed the castle stamp from Imaginisce and colored that as well.  The background cloud stamp is from Hero Arts.  The sentiment is from Lawn Fawn's snowman set.  I cut out a crown shape, colored it with yellow and orange inks and covered it with Stickles to make it sparkle.  He also has sparkly gold boots....being royal, and all.  :)

I cut some rolling hills from watercolor paper and inked them up with Distress Inks in a few different greens.  I adhered Prince Ian over the top of all the other elements to make it seem as if he were closest to you, and the other elements were in the background.


Be sure to stop by {ANYONE FOR ANYA?} this week to see all of the DT creations and to play along!

4 comments:

Rachel Parys said...

Cuuuute!! I love his crown! This is the perfect motivator to get me to make a guy card! I'm super bad about making them too! lol! You can't doll them up! Awesome job!

Marcia said...

I'm not a big boy card fan, especially having a daughter. But you rocked this one, love the castle and crown, perfect.

xx M

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

OMGosh how cute is that! Love the fabulous scene and the colors you used, so darn cute!

Dangina Martinez said...

Fabulous! Love your design and pretty color combo.
Tons of Hugs, Dangina