Sep 8, 2012

Be Inspired - card

A quick late-night post here.   :)

I decided to try the 10-minute card creation challenge that's been thrown around blogland lately to see what I could come up with.  I took the Halloween/Fall route... I'm so ready for Fall.  I wanted to make a card that said

"Hey, I'm clearly a Halloween card, but I'm also pretty... so don't be scared."
 
and I think it was a success. :)
 
 
I grabbed some pretty Autumnal paper from Memory Box, my big silhouette rubber stamp from Inkadinkadoo and some black embossing powder.  I heat embossed the image directly onto the DP.  I held the heat tool over it a couple different times because I didn't want it to look smooth -- glossy, yes, but I wanted it to have some texture.
 
I trimmed base paper and inked around the edges with some orange and brown distress ink.  I matted it onto a few layers of card stock from Papertrey Ink.  I used the Tim Holtz distress tool to rough up the outside edges.
 
I stuck all of it onto a black, A2 size card base.  I punched two holes at the top and added two black eyelets, which I used to thread through the black crushed silk ribbon from The Ribbon Carousel.  I fiddled with the bow a bit, snipped the ends off and it was done!  Couldn't be easier or quicker.  :)

* * * * *
 
I'm entering this card into the following challenges:
 
{SIMON SAYS STAMP AND SHOW} - read all about it
{SIMON SAYS STAMP} - put a stamp on it
{LOVES RUBBERSTAMPS} - anything goes
{THE RIBBON CAROUSEL BLOG} - beautiful bows
 
 


10 comments:

Jacqueline Smith said...

What an awesome card, love the colours and everything about it screams Halloween ...but it's not scary but elegant! Thanks for joining us at Loves Rubberstamps!

Alyce said...

Just stunning Annie Rose! I absolutely love the tones...the embossing looks amazing too! :)

Rica said...

A wonderful card, your stamp and embossing is stunning!! Your details and the beautiful image are beautiful.

hugs
Heather xx
Thanks you so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp challenge.

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

This is so beautiful, love the colors and the great design. Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

Kristi S said...

This is very beautiful! I love how you have taken a non Halloween/Fall stamp and made it into one! (this stamp is one of my favorites too)

Rachel Parys said...

This is really cool! I love that orange!! Gorgeous!

Sandra said...

What a lovely Halloween/Autumn card. Great job on making it within 10 minutes! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. Hugs, Sandra

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Wow gorgeous card, very dramatic and in ten minutes, another wow. Love the warm tones and the silhouette stamp is stunning. Thanks do much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. Tracy x

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Annie, I love the embossing and the coloutrs are so striking.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp for our Stamptember celebrations
hugs Mandy xx

Marcia said...

Fabulous, loving how it is halloween colours but could be used for so many other reasons!

xx M