Sep 2, 2012

Guest Designer Monday with TGF!

I have some exciting news!
Read on, and visit the TGF blog for more info!  :)

* * * * *

Hello, fellow fans of The Farm!  My name is Annie Rosenstiel and I blog over at {Annie Rose Makes Things}, which as the name implies, is where I share the things I make.  If you take a poke around, you'll see that most of the things I make involve a stamp from The Greeting Farm, so you can understand how excited I am to be asked to guest design this month!

Each Monday I'll be sharing a new project or two created with stamps from the new September release.  Aren't they all gorgeous?  The quality of the TGF rubber and clear stamps is amazing, too... you definitely want to get your hands on these babies!


I've made a couple of cards featuring the new Latte Anya.  For this first card, I actually heat-embossed the stamped image with black embossing powder on watercolor paper.  This is a great technique if you are trying water coloring for the first time -- it helps you stay within the lines and it just plain looks cool!

I watercolored Latte Anya with Distress Inks and added a few highlights with a white gel pen and some Star Dust Stickles.  The paper is from October Afternoon's "Sidewalks" collection and My Mind's Eye "Indie Chic" collection.  The individual letters are from K+Co.  The flowers, button and twine are from my random crafty stash.


This little gal was also watercolored with Distress Inks on watercolor paper.  I chose my most latte-like papers for this one. :)  Latte Anya is so versatile!  You can change her look instantly.  I have paper-pieced her hat to match the background paper, which is from the My Mind's Eye "Indie Chic" collection.

I have paper-pieced and popped up the heart button on her hat and the latte cup itself for some extra dimension.  The "Need a Lift?" sentiment is one of the two that come with big Anya Lifts, which is available once more in the shop!

* * * * *

Now that you've had all week to preview and fall in love with the new stamps, how would you like a chance to win your very own LATTE ANYASimply leave a comment on this matching post.  You have until 11:30pm CST to comment and the random winner will be announced on the TGF blog on Tuesday...  good luck!   :)


22 comments:

On The Wings Of A Scrapper said...

I really like your cards. Thanks for the tip on embossing to watercolor, I've never watercolored before but it sounds like fun. I definitely love this stamp and hope to win.

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

Stunning cards! Thanks for the embossing tip, must try that one.

scraphappy4067 said...

Love your cards!!..they are both awesome!!

Alyce said...

YEAH YEAH YEAH!!! I knew this day would come!! :D I am SO happy for you annie rose...you will absolutely rock it over there :) Love these awesome creations too!

frommycraftroom said...

Great cards. Thanks for the tip on embossing and watercolouring - have to try and remember to do this next time myself. Great tip. Thanks. Look forward to seeing more of your stunning cards.

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

Fantastic cards. Love the Latte Anya with the red hair. TFS

Blankina said...

Annie what a GREAT EXCITING NEWS!!! Your talent could not be overseen....I am sooo happy for you, have fun!!!

These sweet Anya latte cards are fantastic, would love to welcome her in my Farmers family...

Hugs from your blogfriend and AFA DT teamie Blankina

Marcia said...

Congrats Annie Rose ... and no wonder, these two cards are beauties!

franzesjoi said...

beautiful cards!!! who cant fall in love to anya? she is soo pretty!!!

Shar said...

Great Great Designs!! Happy to find new crafters when they are Guest Designers!!!
Great Job!!!
Aloha,
Shar

KanataNewf said...

Great cards for you debut!

Sue D said...

Lovely Latte Anya cards! I like your watercoloring and the paper piecing.

Rachel Parys said...

Congrats Annie! These are SUPER cute!!! Love both! Can't wait to see what else you have for us this month!!!!!

Shannon said...

Annie your cards are so cute, love your water colors!

Mojca said...

She is a cutie and your cards are just divine. Hugs! MOjca

Hapagirl said...

You've done a wonderful job with the new latte Anya stamp and ur card creations are beautiful! Thanks for the tips and new techniques... I'll will def have to try them.

Avie said...

Awesome job with the new Latte Anya! Love this stamp...love to give giftcards for local coffee shop to loved ones and coworkers...the possibilities are endless with Latte Anya! Thanks for the inspiration!

Anita said...

Adorable job! I love how you paper pieced.

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

Congrats on the guest dt spot...your cards are so cute...great colors!!!

Moosisk said...

Love your cards! Your coloring and paper piecing is superb! :D

Mimi said...

super cute card! love the design paper you used! ;D

pegs said...

Girl, you are soooo talented! I love your cards, adorable!