Sep 9, 2012

Guest Designer Monday with TGF

 
Happy Monday, Farmies!  I hope everyone had a chance to get crafty this weekend.  That's what weekends are for, right?  If not, listen up -- tomorrow is the last day to enter the {RETRO-FRESH CHALLENGE}!  You have until noon CST on Tuesday, September 11th to link up, so check it out and get your project entered... quick, quick!

Today I'm sharing a card I made using stamps from two of the new September release sets:
Miss Anya Scarves (rubber) and Sparkling Season (clear).


I stamped Miss Anya Scarves onto watercolor paper and lightly water colored her with Distress Inks.  I backed the image panel with some layered card stocks and roughed up the edges with a distresser tool.  The designer paper is from My Mind's Eye and the ribbon is from The Ribbon Carousel.

I've got a quick tutorial to show how I used the snowflake stamp from the Sparkling Season set:


1.)  Stamp each snowflake image onto a circle of white watercolor paper, with Distress Ink.

2.)  Spritz each circle lightly with water to soften the edges and to give the whole thing a bluish tint.

3.)  Dry each circle with a heat gun.  I held each piece with some tweezers so I wouldn't burn my fingers off. :)

4.)  Snip off tiny triangles around each snowflake arm to emphasize the actual snowflake shape.

5.)  Cover each snowflake with a couple layers of Star Dust Stickles so they are super sparkly!

6.)  Once the Stickles are dry, lightly ink around the edges with brown Distress Ink.


I adhered the snowflakes to the card on dimensional adhesive and folded each arm up towards the center a bit to make them really stand out.  This helps the light fall on the Stickles better, too.  I added Stickles to the edges of the image panel and also to her hand muff.  This card is definitely wishing you a "Sparkling Season"!

* * * * *
 
Don't forget about the new {FARM FRESH FRIDAY} challenge to use BRIGHT COLORS!  There's always so much fun happening on The Farm.
 
Now go -- be creative, share your talents and have fun!

* * * * *
 
I'm entering this card into the following challenges:
{LOVES RUBBERSTAMPS} - anything goes
{SIMON SAYS STAMP} - put a stamp on it
{7 KIDS CHALLENGE} - anything goes
 



5 comments:

Thanh Vo said...

Gorgeous card, Annie! The tutorial of how you created the snowflakes is awesome. I'll have to remember this for when I get these sets :)

McCrafty's Cards said...

Beautiful card Annie, I like the image the papers and those snowflakes thanks for showing how you have made them.
Kevin xx

Rachel Parys said...

Very, very, pretty!! I love how she turned out!! Awesome tut!!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

She is so adorable, love your coloring and the great design. thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

cheiron said...

Fun! Love your technique on the snowflakes. Thanks for playing along with the Put A Stamp On It Challenge over on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!