Sep 4, 2012

Vintage Distress Tag - My Journey

After seeing and falling in love with so many mixed-media/vintage distress tags, I decided to try it for myself.  I sat at my desk and got inky!  Really... my fingers are still stained.  :)

Be kind, first tries are always scary... heh
This is what I came up with:


I used a bunch of purple and brown Distress Ink colors and some white acrylic paint.  There's also a bit of Distress Ink Crackle Paint on there.  Some ripped pieces of an old Kipling book, roses, a bit of tinted lace and twine, and white ink... all rolled into one tag.

 

The cameo-like silhouette stamp is from Inkadinkadoo.  Some of the background stamps include images from Unity Stamp Co. and Memory Box. I grabbed a few roses from my stash and a wooden butterfly that I'm not exactly sure where it came from.  I snapped the wings off, inked it up a bit, and hot-glued it back together for more of a 3D effect.


This tag definitely has some personal meaning for me right now and I am ready to start my journey.  :)  I'm also ready to make a new tag because these babies are addicting!

* * * * *

I'm entering this tag into the following challenges:
{SIMON SAYS STAMP CHALLENGE BLOG} - Anything Goes
{SIMON SAYS STAMP AND SHOW} - Read All About It
{PAPER ISSUES} - Tag, You're It!

12 comments:

Annemarie en Merit said...

What a BEAUTIFUL!!!!! tag.

love annemarie en merit

Sandy said...

Fantastic tag love all your elements that you have on here. Your butterfly is just lovely. The cameo sits on here just perfectly. Sandy :)

Rachel Parys said...

This is gorgeous!! Very cool! It looks like you spent a lot of time with it, and aged it to perfection!

Candy C said...

Annie, your vintage tag is gorgeous! I love the deep, rich colors and your design. It's lovely. I wanted to take a second to thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment about my altered journal featured during the Stamptember Blog Hop at Simon Says Stamp and Show. Your comments are much appreciated! <3 Candy

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Hi Annie, you tag is stunning, love how you used an old Kipling book, lovely touch. Love the warm rich tones and the cameo is a fabulous touch. Love all your layers of interest and your use of white acrylic. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. Tracy x

Blankina said...

Speachless---Annie this mixed media tag is sooo beautiful!!
So different what you normally make, but again you made it perfectly...did you follow a mixed media class???

Wow!!

Ciao Blankina

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Your first time? This is fabulous, love your mixed media and the colors you came up with are fabulous. Love all the details. Yes, make more, you are fabulous at this technique too.

Pop's Cards said...

Hey sweetie, I just totally love this creation, fabulous sweetie, huggles Pops x x x

Anna-Karin said...

Wow, this is so gorgeous! Love the background, all the details and everything on this vintage tag. Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show!

Trina said...

You knocked this first time out of the park!

Leah Crowe said...

Your work is always amazing, I especially love your work with this tag. Love love love it!!

Anna said...

Beautiful!