Sep 17, 2012

You're A Cool Friend - card

I recently acquired a darling stamp set (from the Loves Rubberstamps shop) by Lawn Fawn called "Making Frosty Friends".  I am in love!  It is just the cutest.  I couldn't wait to get inky with it.  :)


Just look at these little dudes!  I stamped the smaller snowdude onto watercolor paper first, then masked him off so I could stamp the larger one behind it.  This stamp set has so many different tiny elements -- you can make the snowmen as animated and as dressed as you like!

The paper is from a bunch of different companies -- I actually searched through my scrap pile for once!  The sentiment is one of two that comes with the snowmen set.  I've added some sparkly Stickles to the snow to make it shine.  The ribbon is from The Ribbon Carousel.  The double scallop edge punch is from Martha Stewart.

I hope you don't get sick of seeing these little guys -- I'll be making lots of things with them this Winter, for sure.

I made this card for a couple of challenges:  {LOVES RUBBERSTAMPS} with a color challenge of Espresso, Pumpkin and Aqua... and {CUTE CARD THURSDAY} with the challenge theme of Christmas in September.

5 comments:

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Yeah for digging in the scrap pile, that in itself should entitle you to win! lol. Love this cute snowdude set and the adorable card design. You rocked this challenge!

Laura Love said...

Annie this is sooooo cute! I love that snowdudes set...in fact I have a weakness for Snowman stamps - LOL! You did a beautiful job with the challenge! I also loved your fabulous write up in The Greeting Farm newsletter! Very cool! Thank so much for joining us at Loves Rubberstamps!

Trina said...

Very cute! Congrats on using your scraps!

Alyce said...

hehe so cute!!! I love his little paper pieced mittens. A great card annie rose :D

Rachel Parys said...

Awww, what cutie pies! Great winter card!! Love the paper piecing!