Oct 21, 2012

{ANYONE FOR ANYA?} Sunday Challenge

This week, we have a SKETCH challenge for you over at
{ANYONE FOR ANYA?} and it's a good one!
We would love to see your take on it.  Just be sure to use a stamp/image from THE GREETING FARM or CCDESIGNS to play along.
 
For my card today, I used one of the three Anya stamps that come in the newest "MISS ANYA SCARVES" set by The Greeting Farm:
 
I absolutely LOVE this Anya!
She might be my favorite...
Shhhh... don't tell the others! :)
 
I stamped her onto watercolor paper and water colored her with Distress Inks.  I paper pieced her scarf with matching paper used on the base.  The papers are from Penny Black's "Madison" paper pack.  The sentiment die and stamp are from My Favorite Things.  I added some flat-back pearls and some dimensional adhesive and the card was finished!
 
 
I added some Stardust Stickles all around her as snow. I shimmered up her hand muff with some sparkles, too.  I inked around the edges with Distress Ink to tie everything together.  I love the look of Frayed Burlap Distress Ink on Kraft paper.
 
This is the sketch for you to work with this week:
 
 
I switched it up a tiny bit to fit my square card a little better, but I think you can still see the sketch in it.  So... have fun with it!  Make it your own and come link up with us. :)
 
 
* * * * *
 
I'm entering this card into the following challenges
{SIMON SAYS STAMP AND SHOW} - Your Favorite (stamp)

 


11 comments:

Evy said...

I totally adore this card! What a great use of the soft colors! And i just love the sketch, makes me wanna use it ;-)

Hugs, Evy

Blankina said...

hI aNNIE, THIS paperpierced Miss ANYA SCARVES is so pretty and compliments for your photo's and editing...

Have a great Sunday,
Hugs Blankina

Annemarie en Merit said...

Hi Annie Rose,

Beautifull crad with a nice little paperpieced girl, what a cutie!!!

love Merit en Annemarie

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card Annie, I like the image the colours and the large pearls.
Kevin xx

Rachel Parys said...

Wow, I love these colors!! Sometimes less is more! I always try to incorporate too many colors, I am going to have to try something like this! Great work with the sketch, I hope I get caught up this week so I can play along!

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Lovely card and a beautiful layout. The colours are gorgeous as is,your colouring of the focal image. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. Tracy x

Janine Vegter said...

great work with the paperpiecing

mamawcindy said...

Oh, I Love your Card! I'm a new follower of yours and I have been checking out your Blog! I LOVE everything you have Created! Looking forward to seeing more Projects from you! :0)
cindys-greencricut.blogspot.com

Elaine said...

This is a gorgeous card Annie Rose, and I hadn't seen these Anya stamps before!
I adore the colours, and the paper piecing is a fab idea.

Hugs
Elaine xx

Sarah said...

love the colours and a wonderful festive image. Brrr! Thanks so much for playing with Simon Says Stamp & Show. Sarah.

Lisette Morris said...

Love your paper piecing! Great card! Thanks for joining us at Oozak challenges.