Oct 2, 2012

My Favorite Things Guest Designer Contest

Today I am sharing the card I made for the current My Favorite Things Guest Designer Contest.  I would love a chance to play along with the My Favorite Things design team... they are an amazingly talented group of gals!

I love everything MFT and was so excited when my newest order arrived in the mail... I couldn't wait to get started and this contest was just what I needed.

You can find all of the My Favorite Things Guest Designer information {HERE} and {HERE}.


The sketch provided for this challenge is awesome!

I stamped the Pure Innocence "Sweet Greetings" girl onto watercolor paper and water colored her with Distress Inks.  I paper-pieced her adorable pants with some of the same designer paper from Authentique that I used for the background.  I used a Dong-A Popcorn Puffy Paint Pen in hot pink to create the fluffy cotton candy.  You just hit the ink with your heat gun and poof!  Instant fluff.

I assembled the background, added some machine stitching and some ribbon and a button from my crafty stash to finish it off.  I had a lot of fun with this sketch!  You should play along, too.  You have until October 15th -- plenty of time!  :)

I used the following My Favorite Things products to create my card:



 
 

6 comments:

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card Annie, I like the sweet image the colours and the layout.
Kevin xx

Rachel Parys said...

Awww...cuuuute!! I love that paper for her pants, it's so sweet! This is awesome!!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

this is so adorable, love the cute pi and the great dp with this sketch

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Super cute card! Love the texture of the cotton candy and her sweet rosy cheeks! Thanks for joining along with MFT :)

Marcia said...

That paper is perfect for her pants ... gorgeous colours in this card.

xx M

Rachel said...

*GASP* A guy commented on your card! I've NEVER seen a guy comment anywhere in the crafty world!!~ LOL!

Anyhoo...
Love this card! The cotton candy is awesome! Love so many things about this card. Good Luck! (But I hope I win...*grin*)