Oct 18, 2012

Rockin' October Guest Designer - Your Next Stamp

The newest challenge is up and ready for you on the
This week, it's ANYTHING GOES!  Everyone loves that, right?
 
For my card today, I used "ELLIE BUILDING A SNOWMAN" and the Be Jolly sentiment from the newly released "JOYFUL WISHES" stamp set.
 
The designer paper I used is the "Madison" paper pack from Penny Black.  It features red, blue and green snowflakes so I took my coloring cue straight from that.  I stamped the image onto watercolor paper and water colored them with Distress Inks.  I added a few highlights with a white gel pen.
 
 
 I added stardust Stickles on all of the "snow" to make it sparkly. :)
I went around all of the edges with Distress Ink to create an aged look.  I used my favorite EK Success border punch along the bottom of the card base and distressed that as well.
 
The blue ribbon is from The Ribbon Carousel.  The button and twine are from my stash.  I popped everything up on dimension adhesive and it was good to go.  I'm just now realizing that I forgot to give her pink, rosy cheeks!  I'll be adding them on before she heads out the door, for sure! :)
 
 * * * * *
 
Be sure to stop by the {YOUR NEXT STAMP} challenge blog to play along!
 
Challenge Rules:
 
1. Every Thursday we post a new YNS Challenge
2. You have the entire month to play along
3. Link your challenge entry to the YNS Blog post and/or to the SCS challenge thread
4. If you would like to post your challenge card in the SCS gallery please use the code provided for that challenge - YNSC20
5. You do not have to use YNS Stamps but if have some of our stamps we would love to see you ink them up!
 
 


4 comments:

Rachel Parys said...

This is Jolly!! Very sweet image, and I love the papers you paired up with it! Gorgeous work!

p.s.
The Cheeky Kitty was the only one I don't have any more! Totally would've traded with ya! Still have the other 3!

Rosalee said...

This is so cute Annie. I love your coloring and that little Ribbon/Button/Twine embellish is so cute. TFS
hugs, Rosalee

Gita said...

Such an adorable card. LOVE that Penny Black pattern paper and the colors you used.

Greta said...

Adorable card & the Madison papers are just the right touch! You've inspired me to try water coloring with my Distress Inks!