Oct 25, 2012

Rockin' October Guest Designer - Your Next Stamp

Today is my last post as the October guest designer for {YOUR NEXT STAMP}.
This month sure went by quickly!  I've had a lot a fun and I hope you have gained some inspiration or found some cute new stamps you just had to own.  :)
 
This week's challenge is a sketch.
For my card, I used the newly released "SUPER HERO ETHAN" set:
I love his expression.  :)  I stamped him onto watercolor paper and water colored him with Distress Inks.  His mask and super cape are paper-pieced.  All of the paper came from Authentique.  I drew some stars, cut them out and adhered them to the card with tiny black brads.
 
 
It kind of looks like the circle was cut around him, but he was actually cut out completely and glued onto the circle afterwards.  The star on his chest and the lightning bolt belt are covered with Stickles, so he gives off a bit of sparkle. I added white stitching lines around the outsides with a gel pen.  This sentiment is one of three that come in the set!  Awesome.
 
 
 
Be sure to stop by the {YOUR NEXT STAMP} challenge blog to see all of the design team creations and to play along!
 
Challenge Rules:
 
1. Every Thursday we post a new YNS Challenge
2. You have the entire month to play along
3. Link your challenge entry to the YNS Blog post and/or to the SCS challenge thread
4. If you would like to post your challenge card in the SCS gallery please use the code provided for that challenge - YNSC21
5. You do not have to use YNS Stamps but if have some of our stamps we would love to see you ink them up!


8 comments:

Vicky said...

Awesome card sweetie loving the image & the paper piecing.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Alyce said...

sooo cute!!! love him!!! his cape is super fab and the layout rocks :)

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card Annie, I like the image the papers and the design.
Kevin xx

Rachel Parys said...

Great idea paper piecing the cape and mask! He looks "super" cute! (get it?)

My Crafting Channel said...

This is just too cute. I love this image, makes me think of my grandson.

Hugs Nana
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
Email Me

Greta said...

Too cute!

Marcia said...

Oh he looks "super" sweet, love the paper piecing! The strong colours are perfect.

x M

Laura Love said...

Very cute! Love the bright colors and your paper piecing is awesome!