Oct 13, 2012

Sweet Greetings - a Holiday Tag

I love searching through my boxes of stamps to try to find new ways to use them.
 
For this tag, I used a stamp from The Greeting Farm's
"Miss Anya Dressy" set. The set is in no way Christmas-y, but colored in greens and red, it's perfect!
 
 
I wanted Anya to be holding a sweet treat, so I carefully cut two small slits with an X-acto knife and slid the candy cane die cut through.  The candy cane die and stamp set are from Papertrey Ink, as is the white ink I dabbed around the outside.
 
 
I stamped her onto watercolor paper and water colored her with Distress Inks.  I also used Distress Inks around the outside of the tag.  The paper is from Authentique.  The sentiment stamp and flourish die are from My Favorite Things.  The lace and velvet ribbon ties are from my stash.
 
 
I used an EK Success border punch on Kraft paper for the upper and lower borders of the tag.  I stuck on some flat-back pearls to finish it off.
 
I think these large tags look really cute hanging from a gift bag, instead of a card.
That's what I plan to do with mine this Holiday season!  :)
 
* * * * *
 
I'm linking this tag up to the following challenges:
{ALL THAT SCRAPS} - ABC Anything But a Card
{SIMON SAYS STAMP} - Dies and Punches
{OOZAK} - Die Cuts
 



10 comments:

Lisette Morris said...

Beautiful Tag! Love your coloring too! Thanks for joini g us at Oozak!

Laura Love said...

This is gorgeous Annie! I love how you made her hold the candy cane!

Rachel Parys said...

This is stunning!! Absolutely gorgeous! If I had made that, I don't know if I could bring myself to give it away!

Sheri (a.k.a PaperCrafty) said...

Gorgeous tag!! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at the All That Scraps Challenge!!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

OMGosh this is so super cute, love the image and the great design! Thanks for playing with us over at ATS!!!

Rica said...

A gorgeous card, your colours and papers are stunning, fabulous details and such a sweet image.

hugs
Heather xx
Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp challenge.

Mandy said...

Beautiful tag Annie rose, the image is gorgeous and I love the colours and punch work.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
hugs Mandy xx

Maureen said...

Totally fabulous! Love your creativity in turning her into a Christmas stamp, especially holding the candy cane - great idea! Thanks for playing with us at All That Scraps!

Dangina Martinez said...

Gorgeous! Love your color combo and sweet image.
Thank You for joining us at All That Scraps this time around.
Good Luck, Dangina

Greta said...

Terrific way to make a stamp work for the holidays--love it!