Oct 5, 2012

Warm The Heart - card

I sat at my crafty desk this morning with a hastily-drawn sketch and an idea that I thought might work.  I'm happy to say it was a success!  This card actually came out better than I had planned, so YIPPEE for happy accidents!  :)
 
 
I used the "Making Frosty Friends" stamp set by Lawn Fawn.  I stamped a scene onto watercolor paper and water colored it with Distress Inks.  I added some antique linen Distress Ink over the entire image to make it look vintage... it's sort of Instagram'd, no?  :)
 
For the outside "frame" I stamped a wood grain stamp (from American Crafts?) with Versamark Ink and heat-embossed it with sparkly brown embossing powder.  I then went around the edges with a few Distress Ink colors to add some dimension.  I cut a frame out of the inside so that my watercolor image could sit inside.
 
 
I then grabbed some two-toned ribbon from The Ribbon Carousel, some lace, twine and a button from my stash and finished it off.  I love it!  I reminds me of an old photo you might see hanging in a cabin... if you were part of a snowman family, that is.  :)
 
* * * * *
Don't forget to enter my Blogiversary Giveaway!
Click {HERE} to check it out!
 
I'm entering this card into the following challenges:

{LOVES RUBBERSTAMPS} All About Autumn
{SIMON SAYS STAMP} Glimmer + Sparkle
{LAWNSCAPING} Texture Challenge

22 comments:

My Crafting Channel said...

Off the cute radar. Love the image. Great touch adding the lace.

Hugs Nana
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
Email Me

Anita said...

This is so cute - love the watercoloring.

Wendy said...

This is gorgeous, love the cute image and wonderful colours.
Wendy xx

Blankina said...

LOve the vintage feel and the heat embosseed background!!

Hugs Blankina

Craftin Desert Divas said...

Love it! You did an amazing job.

Tara

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

OMGosh this is so adorable, love it! thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

Marcia said...

Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous ... I love all the details that went into this. Sweet.

Tamara said...

Oh my, this is one awesome card!! Just LOVE it. Love the colors
Thanks for playing with us at Lawnscaping
xx Tamara

msdixie said...

what a sweet card! love that sparkly woodgrain!

Rachel Parys said...

This is awesome Annie! It really knocked my socks off!! Gorgeous rich warm colors, and darling snow people!! Fab job!

Vicki L. said...

Love this BEAUTIFUL card!!! Nice mistake, HUH!
Good Job!!!!

Vicki L. said...

I Love You Annie Rose!!!
And all your cards you do! Thanks!

Renee said...

This really stood out to me in the Simon Says Stamp post today! Love this adorable card, especially the instagrammy-like look to it!!! Fabulous job :)

Laurel said...

That woodgrain embossed background is absolutely GORGEOUS! Oh my word! I must do that. I have the embossing powder and folder and have never thought to combine the two! This is stunning. And paired with your antiqued colored snowman family inside the frame is the perfect finishing touch!

Thanks you so much for joining us Lawnscaping gals for our texture challenge!!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Annie Rose :-) the image is very cute and the embossed background is fabulous ! LOVE it :-)


thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Lynnette said...

This card is just awesome. I love how you distressed it. Love the sparkley background, the ribbons, lace and twine too. The whole card works, love it so much

Karin Åkesdotter said...

What a WONDERFUL card you've created! Love the beautiful bg and your amazing coloring! Thanks so much for joining our texture challenge at Lawnscaping!
Hugs, Karin

Juilien Jiang said...

Great card and I love the embossing background you did as well as the watercoloring!

Jo (Boots the Monkey) said...

Lovely card, I just love the image you have used

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Challenge

Hugs

Jo x

Jo (Boots the Monkey) said...

Lovely card, I just love the image you have used

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Challenge

Hugs

Jo x

Christiana said...

Oh my word! Absolutely love this sweet, sweet scene. Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping!

Nina Yang said...

This is my favorite card using this set!