Oct 15, 2012

Woo-Hoo! - an Autumn card

A couple weeks ago I won a Lawn Fawn stamp set from the Lawnscaping challenge blog (thank you!) and I have just now gotten it inky!  Don't you love the feeling of inking up brand-new stamps?  It's probably more thrilling for me than it should be. :)
 
The stamps I used are from the "Critters In The Forest" set.
 
 
I used a new-to-me technique of stamping/coloring the images on the inside of the card and cutting out a frame on the front to see it.  This technique probably has a name... if you know, please tell me.  heh heh
 
 
I stamped the images onto a watercolor paper panel and water colored them with Distress Inks... my favorite coloring technique at the moment.  Helpful Hint:  wait for the black stamping ink to dry a bit before erasing any pencil marks... otherwise you'll get black inky streaks that are pretty hard to disguise.  Just take my word for it. :)
 
 
I finished the front of the card with paper from Penny Black's "Madison" paper pack.  The two-tone shimmer ribbon is from The Ribbon Carousel.  The sentiment comes with the stamp set.  I cut it out in a word bubble shape and inked around the edges of it, and the entire card, with Distress Ink.
 
 
I really liked this new technique!  It's pretty fast, too.
You'll probably be seeing more of it from me. :)
 
* * * * *
 
I'm entering this card into the following challenges:
{SIMON SAYS STAMP + SHOW} - Favorite (Distress Inks)
{SIMON SAYS STAMP} - Dies or Punches (Circle die)
{LAWNSCAPING CHALLENGE} - New Technique



19 comments:

Alyce said...

oh so cute!!! what a sweet little image and i love the layout...dont' those papers go perfectly! :)

Elena said...

I love this card! And, for the record: it's beyond exciting to ink up new stamps, and yes! wait for the black ink to dry, lol....been there, done that! Thanks for playing along with us at lawnscaping!

Kerri said...

love your card it is awesome..have yet to colour with distress inks but am soon taking a class..great job...love the owl!!

Blankina said...

Lucky you!! You have won a great stamp set..and you have made a great card.
I guess it is called a window card??

Ciao from Italy,
Hugs Blankina

Rachel Parys said...

Wow Annie!! It's super cool! Love the cut-out window, and the colors are perfect!! This is awesome!

Dangina Martinez said...

So adorable. That is some gorgeous ribbon you have there.
Hugs, Dangina

Lin said...

Love your window card, and that ribbon is the perfect one to accent your cute owl! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge - good luck!

Sandra said...

Adorable window card! Love the craft with the orange and yellow! Beautiful colored with the distress inks! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. Hugs, Sandra

RachelB said...

WOW!

Laurel said...

Ack, this window card is adorable! I love the circle cut out with the beautifully colored owl perched on a log peaking thru! The ribbon and patterned paper is GORGEOUS! I am so thrilled to see you back here for another challenge!!!

Lisa H. said...

gosh is this cute! I have a thing for owls, and you colored him up soooo cute!

Karin Åkesdotter said...

Sooo sweeet + I LOVE window cards! = LOVE this!!
Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping!

Barb said...

perfect! fabulous coloring and awesome layout!

Laura Jane said...

AWW this is sweet!

lenny said...

Woooow!
This is gorgeous!
TOTALLY love it!
Great job!!

Lynnette said...

This card is just fabulous, what a great idea. Love this!

Greta said...

I love this card! I have an owl stamp & may try something similar--thanks for the inspiration!

Jen McD said...

Your coloring is fabulous--what an awesome surprise to get when you open the card! I think this new technique suits you well. :)

Christiana said...

Super cute card, Annie Rose! So glad you're enjoying your new set. That one is one of my most favorites! Thanks for playing with us at Lawnscaping!