Oct 9, 2012

{Your Next Stamp} October Release Hop!

It's release day!  There are so many adorable new stamps and a couple new dies at {YOUR NEXT STAMP}... you do not want to miss out on this hop.
 
Would you like to win one of THREE New Release Prize Packages hidden within the hop?  Here is what you need to do -- visit all of the YNS Designer's blogs that are participating in today's hop and comment on their creations as you go for your chance to win!
 
One of the new release stamp sets is called {JOYFUL WISHES}.  It's an awesome winter set with an evergreen bough wreath, holly berries, some great sentiments, and more!  I used a few of the stamps to create this tag:

I stamped the full wreath with dark green ink and stamped the individual evergreen bough (that comes with the set) in a lighter green over the top.  I inked around the edges with Distress Ink.  I wanted to have some holly berry *bling* but all I had on hand were some cream colored flat-back pearls.  No problem!  I used a red Copic marker to color the pearls... instant shiny berries!


I love the font used for this "JOYFUL WISHES!" sentiment stamp.  I stamped it in black on white watercolor paper that I cut into a banner.  I inked around the edges with Distress ink and popped it up on some dimensional adhesive.  With a bit of designer paper and some black matting card stock, red velvet ribbon and some baker's twine, the tag was complete.

Thanks for hopping along with {YOUR NEXT STAMP}!
 
The Blog Hop starts today and runs through midnight, October 14th.  Prize package winners will be announced on the YNS blog on October 15th.
 
* * * * *

24 comments:

Blankina said...

BEAUTIFUL TAG AND STAMPS ANNIE, WILL HAVE A LOOK AROUND ON THE OTHER BLOGS TOO...

HUGS BLANKINA

Basslady said...

what a wonderful and fabulous tag!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Diane said...

I love this Christmas tag. Beautifully done!

cardcrazy said...

What a wonderful tag! I love the pearls!

Rachel Parys said...

Super pretty!! Love it!!

Dana said...

My goodness....I love your tag. So bright and cheery. So glad you're with us for this release.

Billie A said...

I love the tag. I love the way you did various wreaths and the half pearls is a great touch to identify each. Great tag.

Miriam Prantner said...

This is so pretty! Love how you stamped the wreath in multiple colors and the red pearls!

Sue D said...

Very pretty tag--I like the holly berries.

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

Beautifully done. Love your color choices for the stamping and distressing. TFS

SunnyB said...

Beautiful tag, Annie. Thanks for sharing!

Crafty Math Chick said...

WOW! I think this is the prettiest tag I have ever seen! LOVE the vibrant, bright red pearl berries!

Simply Sandy said...

what a cute tag...love how you used the pearls with the wreaths.

Indy said...

Super elegant and festive!

Gisela said...

Very Christmasy tag, cute idea to use red pearls.

Karen (Your Next Stamp) said...

Beautiful tag Annie!!! Thank you so much for joining us!

Carol said...

Beautiful tag!!

Liza Shepherd said...

What a gorgeous tag!!! I really love the font on the sentiment! Thanks!

Lisa T said...

This is gorgeous! How clever to color the pearls with your Copics! I 've never tried that - I think I would make too much of a mess, lol.

Mary-Anne V said...

What a pretty tag with the beautiful layered green colours and the berries (thanks for the tip).

Heather said...

Such a pretty tag. What a great idea to colour the pearls with Copics to get the colour you wanted. Great job.

Flo S. said...

I love your tag, it is so pretty. The pearls are spectacular.

Maureen said...

Fabulous tag - love how you used the stamps! And love the shiny red pearls too!

Marie B. said...

This is a gorgeous tag! :)