Nov 24, 2012

HUGS - a mini Lawn Fawn card

 I've been on a mini card kick for a little while.  Mini cards and tags. They're just so cute and little!  I like how they emphasize the stamps... make them the center of attention. :)

 
 I made this one for the Lawn Fawn CHA Winter 2013 challenge.
It's definitely "mini" -- only the height of a Stickles bottle!


I stamped the letters from Quinn's ABC's and the birds from Making Frosty Friends directly onto watercolor paper and water colored them with Distress Inks.  Since the challenge asks for no patterned paper, I stamped the snow from the Let It Snow set onto coral card stock and heat-embossed it with white embossing powder.
 
Thanks for looking!
 
Supplies:
 

10 comments:

Caroline said...

Gorgeous card the birds are so cute and I love the layout. Caroline xxx

lenny said...

This is gorgeous!!
Totally love it!! Great coloring!
I must admit; the "no patterned paper" was very difficult for me!
But you have a GREAT solution!!
Great work!!

ellyscard creatief said...

Beautiful card.
Gr Elly

Alyce said...

awww that is totally cute! Love the twine and the little button and how you did the patterns on the bottom :)

Rachel Parys said...

Very cute! I totally agree with you, sometimes less is more! Especially since I'm not the best embellish-er, it's nice to focus on the image! Great card!

Barb Ghig said...

Another really CUTE card!!!

Lizzy C said...

Love the simplicity of the card! Those birds are so cute!

Kelly Griglione said...

This card totally stood out in the gallery for me ... love the colors!

Shay said...

Such an adorable card! Love the use of Quinn's ABCs with the birds and the colors.

Rae said...

This is soooo cute! I adore the birds and love how you colored the letters.