Dec 27, 2012

A {HAPPY NEW YEAR} Card

While browsing through all of the past posts on The Greeting Farm's {SPLENDID STAMPING} blog, I came across {THIS} free digital Happy New Year Anya stamp!
 
I simply erased the 2011 in the banner and replaced it with 2013 before printing her out.  Look how adorable she is:
 
 
Since this is a printed image, I couldn't watercolor it with my Distress Inks without it smearing into a big, icky mess.... so I grabbed my few Copic markers that haven't dried out yet and colored her up.
 
 
Now, to be perfectly honest -- I'm a little bit embarrassed to be posting this card since it shows a crafting technique I am horrible at:  making Liquid Pearls look like pearls.
 
hee hee 
 
How do you lovely people do it?  Ignoring my totally crooked lines, there are only a few lavender drops that look round... and those were by accident. :)  Seriously, do you guys have any tips on how to make them look good?   Help a gal out, wont ya?
 
* * * * *
 
I'm entering this card into the following challenges:
{LOVES RUBBERSTAMPS} - New Year's Celebrations
{SIMON SAYS STAMP} - Anything Goes
 



10 comments:

Joy said...

Oh my, how cute and adorable is this card, I love your colouring and the fun colour combo.. thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog

Michele said...

Such a cute card and perfectly colored!

Anita said...

Beautiful card Annie. I can't help you with the liquid pearls - mine don't come out round either :(

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Seems to me someone said to start out on the paper and then squeeze a little and then pull up. I don't know, these things are hard to use, lol. But your card is so adorable!!!! Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

Marcy said...

I don't know much about liquid pearls but your card is super adorable. I love Anya stamps and you colored her so pretty! Thanks for joining our challenge over at Loves Rubberstamps! :)

Jingle said...

This is so cute and totally fun! THe colors are fabulous! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog! Happy New Year!

Shanna Shands said...

Talk about adorable and fun. I love your image. Thanks for playing at LRS.

Evy said...

Hi Annie!

Love your card! When i make liquid pearls I push the pen and make sure that there's a drop hanging on my pen. Then I put it on the card. So i have a drop haning there before it goes on my crad. I hope this makes any sense, cause my English isn't that good ;)

Have a great New Year!

Hugs, Evy

Jess said...

I love your card, and totally didn't notice the liquid pearls :P I suck at making them look like pearls too, so I'm going to have to give that a shot too :)

Laura Love said...

OMGosh Annie! This is absolutely super adorable! I love those bright & fun colors! Well I am glad to know that I am not the only one that is sucks at Liquid Pearls - LOL - mine come out like little Hearshey kisses usually - LOL. Your card was so adorable though I didn't even notice :) Gorgeous job! Thank you so much for playing along at Loves Rubberstamps!