Jan 28, 2013

a {Happy Bird-Day} card

There's a new "Picture Perfect" challenge up today on the {PAPER SMOOCHES SPARKS} blog.  Since I need more birthday cards for my work teamies, I grabbed my Paper Smooches "Birthday Buddies" stamp set and got to work!
 
 
This little birdie has got to make you smile.  He's the perfect mix of crazy and cute and I love him. :)  I stamped him onto white card stock and colored him with a few Copic markers.  I added some highlights with a white gel pen and covered his party hat with Stardust Stickles.
 
 
I used the colors and the wood grain from the challenge inspiration photo.  There isn't any turquoise color in the photo, but my card was needing a little extra kick.  I love how well turquoise and orange work side-by-side.
 
 
 
Have a great week, everyone!
Luvs,
Annie Rose
 


8 comments:

Gabi MeWi said...

Your card makes me smile...

Rachel Parys said...

I love me some PS!! This is super cute, and I love the inspiration photo!!!

lenny said...

Fabulous card!!
Great take on the inspiration photo! ;)

Jessica said...

such an adorable card! great use of the inspiration photo!!! thanks so much for playing along with the SPARKS challenge! :)

Katie Ann Brooks said...

love your card for this weeks PS challenge, so cute! Great job!

Kim Love said...

Very cute!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OH MY GOOOOOSH! This is the CUTEST card--LOVE the layering and that adorable little chick!!! FAB! THANKS so much for joining in the fun over at the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge-- hope you join in the fun with this week's polka dot challenge:) <3

ValByDesign, Valerie said...

Tooooo cute!