Feb 18, 2013

a {Happy Bird-Day} card

There's a new "Cool Shades" color story challenge up on the {Paper Smooches SPARKS} blog. I didn't want to waste any time getting started on it!  :)
 
 
Yep, it's my favorite bird from the "Birthday Buddies" set.  I stamped him onto watercolor paper that I die-cut using the new "Tag Scallop Die" from PS.  I masked off his wing and stamped the balloon and string from the "Hullabaloo" set underneath it.  I tied some chocolate brown grosgrain ribbon around the base and onto the tag itself.
 
 
I used a white ink Gelly Roll pen to add some highlights to the image and dashes around the card base.  I'm just now realizing that I forgot to add some Stickles to his hat and balloon!  I'll be sure to get right on that.  My cards don't seem complete without a little sparkle. :)
 
 
Thanks for stopping by!
Luvs,
Annie Rose
 


10 comments:

Rachel Parys said...

This is so whimsical!! I love this set, totally one I NEED to get! lol! I adore this!

Shannon J said...

Sweet, sweet card again! You do Paper Smooches so well! Such a great use of the colours - my favourite part - the balloon hanging off the end of the tag - love it!

MichelleZ said...

Wow! Your coloring is awesome! And I love his little balloon. Darling!

Sashika Taylor said...

Love the white ink lines on the bird- it really makes him pop!

Elaine said...

A stunning card Annie Rose.
It's very striking and I love the whole design. Paper Smooches makes some of the best designs, so fun and quirky.

Big hugs
Elaine xx

Katie Ann Brooks said...

cute! Great card for the challenge!

ValByDesign, Valerie said...

Darling card! Darn, you made me want that stamp set! ;)

Morag said...

Loving your colouring and the white highlights!

mypapercraftworld said...

Stunning colouring ... great how you added the balloon and have it going off the edge of the tag! Anita in France :)

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

SOOOOOOOOO adorable! I LOVE your use of the polka dot papers! And your coloring is PHENOMENAL! LOVE your use of a white pen for highlights! YOU ROCK! THANKS for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge-- I hope you join in the fun with this week's challenge {picture perfect}!!!