Mar 7, 2013

{CELEBRATE} a birthday card

 
*SQUEEEE*
 
Have I mentioned how much I *ADORE* putting smiley faces on inanimate objects?  'Cause I do. I love it.  Everything is cuter with a smiley face!  I used the "Hullabaloo" stamp set from Paper Smooches for this birthday card.  The smiley face stamp is separate so you can add it to anything and everything!  :)
 
I also used "Duo Die 1" to create a place for the sentiment to live.
 
 
I water colored the balloons with Distress ink and fussy-cut them out.  I popped them up on dimensional adhesive and added some stardust Stickles to make them sparkle.
 
Hilarious side note:  when taking these pics, my camera auto setting kept switching to portrait mode.  Like they were a smiling, happy balloon family.  hee hee!  :)
 
* * * * *  
 
I'm entering this card into the following challenges:
 
{SIMON SAYS STAMP} - Bit o' Green
{LOVES RUBBERSTAMPS} - Anything Goes
{PAPER SMOOCHES SPARKS} - Smiles Trend Watch
 
 
Thanks for stopping by!
Luvs,
Annie Rose
 


12 comments:

Karin Åkesdotter said...

So FUN and so COOL!!! Love your card!!!

Kim Love said...

I love smiley faces too :)

Emily Leiphart said...

This is so cute! I love your colouring on those balloons and the way you used the die!

Lin said...

Just darling, Annie! Love your happy card - thanks for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge this week!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

I love all the elements you have here!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

This is adorable, love the balloons and the fabulous design. Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

Shannon DeWitt said...

Sweet card! I love how you water colored the balloons! Thanks for sharing!

The Paper Parade said...

Oh I just LOVE this card!!! Those balloons are TOO sweet :) I love your coloring, and the layout of your card is fantastic!

Larissa Heskett said...

LOVE the take on the challenge!! Such a FUN design!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

Marcy said...

Adorable card! i love those smiley faces and I like your technique of water coloring with the distress inks. Will need to try that! Thanks so much for joining our challenge over at Loves Rubberstamps! :)

Marcy said...

Adorable card! i love those smiley faces and I like your technique of water coloring with the distress inks. Will need to try that! Thanks so much for joining our challenge over at Loves Rubberstamps! :)

Dangina Martinez said...

Too sweet.. Thank You for playing along with us at Loves Rubber Stamps this week.
Good Luck, Dangina