Mar 22, 2013

{Farm Fresh Friday} with TGF

Friday is here! Hooray!  Time for a new {FARM FRESH FRIDAY} challenge over on The Greeting Farm blog.  This week, we're challenging you to:
 
MAKE AN EASEL CARD
 
 
A what now?  An easel card!  If you haven't made one before, they are really fun!  There are many different ways to make them, but this how-to diagram shows how I usually make mine:
 
 
You can also search for videos on YouTube to see different ways to make them. :)
 
For my card, I used "CC - MONDAY MORNING".  She looks like she's been having fun at a sleep-over party, so I wanted to make a night scene.  I blended some Distress Ink together to make the sky background, then flicked some water droplets all over to create a "galaxy" effect.  I finished it off with some tiny stars stamped and stickled all around.
 
 
I water colored her with Distress Inks and paper-pieced her hair.  The card base is decorated and popped up with dimensional adhesive to provide a spot for the card top to lean against.
 
The banner stamp and die are from Lawn Fawn.  The swirl die and sentiment stamp are from My Favorite Things.  I loved the sentiment so much and just had to use it... so I drew a few freckles onto Monday Morning's cheeks to make it work.  :)
 
 
Here's a look at the card from the side:
 
 
All of my fellow design team members have created the cutest easel cards to inspire you this week!  Be sure to pop on over to the {SPLENDID STAMPING} blog to check them out and to play along.
 
Thanks for visiting.
Luvs,
Annie Rose
 


3 comments:

Janine Vegter said...

funny
awesome sweater

Alyce said...

wow!!! i love that background... will have to try this! her patterned hair is so cute and i love the design :)

McCrafty's Cards said...

Wonderful card Annie, I like the adorable image and the sentiment.
Kevin xx