Apr 19, 2013

{FARM FRESH FRIDAY} with TGF

It's {FARM FRESH FRIDAY} time over on The Greeting Farm blog!  This week, our challenge theme for you is:
 
RECYCLE or ALTER SOMETHING
 
I love taking something that was not initially made for crafting and turning it into a work of art!  We want to see what you can come up with using stamps or dies from The Greeting Farm.
 
I made a mixed-media altered coaster:
 
 
A while ago I found a large stack of cork-backed coasters at the thrift store.  My artsy-crafty brain told me to snag 'em right up!  :)   I have a video below showing how I made the background.
 
 
I used the sweet new ALICE BEAN from TGF and "ChitChat" word stickers by Tim Holtz.  I love those stickers.  It's fun to look through them and come up with your own sentiments and sayings!
 
 
I decided that this coaster needed to say "Find the adventure in each day & discover a world of imagination".  I thought little ALICE BEAN fit in perfectly.  I colored her with Distress Ink and a colorless blender pen.  And, of course, there's some sparkly stardust Stickles all over this thing!
 
You can watch how I created this coaster {HERE} or in the video below:
 
 
 
Be sure to stop by The Greeting Farm's {SPLENDID STAMPING} blog to see all of the cool altered/recycled projects the rest of the design team come up with!  Everything looks pretty dang awesome. :)
 
Thanks for visiting.
Luvs,
Annie Rose
 


3 comments:

Rachel Parys said...

So cool!!!

ValByDesign, Valerie said...

Beautiful card! What a cool technique!

ckayk2000 said...

Love it, thanks for sharing!